Extra caution needed folks - Violent mugging Thorpedale/Corbyn.

2»

Comments

• edited 3:16PM
    It sounds a bit like how Blow Up at the Laurel Tree used to be. I'd quite fancy that. Misscara, you could wheel out your wench outfit.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The best band I ever saw at The Garage was Suicide a couple of times in the mid and late 90s. I think the Garage was a very apt venue for an intense early electro punk New York band.

A friend's band 'They came from the stars, I saw them' played with Circulus at a free gig outside the royal festival hall at Jarvis Cocker's Meltdown a few years back. I wasn't too impressed and found them too stuck in the theatrics of the medieval times. The music was more suited to some corporate medieval banquet but I'm sure they'd be fun if you like dressing up in 'ye olde' costumes.

I've just remembered the kraut rock 'kosmiche' night, upstairs at the Garage back in the late 90s. Quite a fun night with great music.
    ADGS - Have you seen this: <http://www.indiegogo.com/Anyone-Can-Play-Guitar>; I also love that you put 'the rubbish one' in brackets after only one of the singles.
  • edited January 2011
    Add N to X were better live.
    I'll be there on the 17th, sounds ace. Has anyone ever been to the club on Seven Sisters near the Station - Orleans?
    Just to return this thread to the dark side where it originated.

A friend was mugged early yesterday morning (probably between 7am and 8am) at the bus stop at the top of Crouch Hill, where the W7 stops on its way to Crouch End. One of the men had a knife. He thinks they were Somali. I am allowed to say that because he himself is black and could look Somali, and his first thought was that it was a case of mistaken identity. They took his phone.

I wonder if there is any connection with the other early morning gang?
    The racial mix doesn't sound the same as the first gang, so I would guess not.

Andy - no, not seen that but I do quite want to.

And yes, I still stand by most of Menswear's first album.

Kreuzkav - I really liked the first Add N to X album, but after that they started to sound too much as though human beings had been involved in the recordings, which lost my interest. Never saw them live.

Arkady - I've never been to Orleans, but some friends say the mod night is good. One couple I know just went for a late drink on one of the other nights and said it was surprisingly friendly even then.
  • LizLiz
    edited 3:16PM
    @ AGDS I loved Rialto and still listen to them sometimes. They have stood the test of time better than Menswear, although I did love them deeply and totally unironically when they were releasing stuff - saw them twice on the same tour, if memory serves. Ah, the folly of youth.
    No more muggings (I hope) but bumping this because the Circulus gig in which some of you expressed an interest is tonight.
    Damn. Forgot to put it in my diary and now I have plans.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IanIan
    edited 3:16PM
    Matt Everitt from Menswear is now on the news team on 6music and presents a very interesting Sunday lunchtime programme called "the first time". An extended interview with some rock star about their influences and the development of their music. He's quite often on the morning programme with Sean Keaveny as well. I only know he was in Menswear because they started talking about it on Tuesday morning.