V for Vitor! Yes - SG star barber goes solo in Tollington!

13»

Comments

• edited 2:38PM
    Oh Christ.
    You can forget Vitor's and Chaps & Dames

Smart Design was positively buzzing this afternoon and at £8 per cut it's excellent value (free tea, coffee or juice too!)
    AND Smart Design burn out your ear hair which (for the bystander) is quite exciting. A haircut and a mini-circus act.
    Can I ask all of you, the members of this little online community, to please work out how to stop this site descending into a local hairdresser turf war without upsetting each other? It's starting to feel like a terrible waste of a database. Thank you.
    Surely the escalating competition will result in cheaper barnets for all?
    David, how about a designated thread. 'Best Hairdresser in SG' or 'Top Tonsorialist'. If a new hair thread was started a link to the existing thread could be provided. The all purpose general election/politics threads worked...for a while at least.
    "It's starting to feel like a terrible waste of a database." Can this be our new strapline?
    The only way to sort this out is to have an actual fight, I would suggest on the basketball <s>court</s> tarmac in the park, armed only with the tools of the trade.
    Lawks! Given that the tools of said trade are scissors, razors and some kind of flamethrower for the ear hair it could turn into a Sweeney Tod style bloodbath.
  • IanIan
    edited 2:38PM
    I'm considering writing a film script "Barbers of Stroud Green" that will cover the story from this good natured beginning to the inevitable turf war. Strapline "from internet to internecine". I am thinking Scorsese, DiCaprio and Day Lewis, the latter this time carrying a cut throat razor. Might spin it out as a musical for the new theatre on Wells Terrace.
  • edited February 2011
    I think you could (as per the Queen and Abba musicals) hang your musical off the works of Rod Stewart.

A shy young customer, Maggie May, returns from a trip (probably sailing) and needs a haircut. The first cut is good - she wears it well - but her loyalties are tested by the wide variety of haircuts available on the Stroud Green Road.

She has a second haircut, and she decides that "I don't want to talk about it". Eventually she decides the first cut is the deepest.

The first hairdresser, once spurned but now reconciled, fixes Maggie May's hair. "Do ya think I'm sexy" and curtain.

Sorry. I'm drunk.
  • edited February 2011
    andy- stay drunk, it's a great improvement! very funny.
    The first and probably only time I've ever thought I'd enjoy the theatre.
  • IanIan
    edited 2:38PM
    Scene in Chaps and Dames: Handbags and Gladrags Big barber fight scene: Street Fighting Man I think we are onto something.
    Set piece: "We are shaving, we are shaving..."
    Vitor is the BEST hairdressers i've been too!
    i walked out feeling i looked like a million dollars (or pounds!)
    such a friendly atmosphere aswell and great price! would definately recommend to others! me friends & i cant wait to go back!
    Also he can do all hair types which is always a bonus right?
    Got to love the accent as well!
    Well, I haven't had the pleasure of a cut from Viktor but I thought my fiancé would never find a barbers that he liked, and now he only goes to Viktor. Just to balance it out, I had my hair styled by the Junior at Chaps and Dames before a wedding and he was a bit nervous but did a grand job and I got lots of compliments.
  • I tried this guy Vitor this week and I would recommend him to any guys out there who want to look good and not spend a fortune. His shop is very friendly and nice and there were a mix of men, kids and womens having thier hairs done - quite unuusal in my experience. Vitor himself is Portugese and exceptionally friendly and a credit to Stroud Green. My hair cut was good (shorter than usual) and my new girlfiend Jonty was very impressed! Chang
  • edited January 2012
    Chaps and Dames a few doors up is better.<div><br></div><div>(ducks under parapet)</div>
  • <P>I went to Vitor this week and had a very nice haircut and chat, but forgot to tip.</P> <P>Is this a heinous crime in the barber biz?   Will I get a worse cut next time I go.</P>
  • @drumbeg you can come out of the parpet with your ducks, but you are wrong about chaps and dames. it is such a cluttered shop that I'm surprised anyone can get into the door - clothes, pianos, models, and when I was there a dog running around barking. My hair is very straightforward (boring) and I did last year get a really bad pudding basin type cut theres . I am sure there are better experiences to be had there  and my mother in law actually does go there for her 'perms' and seems to like it, but for me Vitors is a really good option. Funny there are so many barbers in that street but the afro ones seems to have gone now.
  • edited December 2017
  • Went there today. Very good service. Vicar or Vitor, Pretty good. My girlfriend went on sat to the lady who works there and had very good hair cut too. Chang
  • edited January 2012
    Not tried Vitors, but David who cuts in Chaps and Dames is good.
  • Chang, your hair must grow quickly!  How many times per month do you get a hair cut?
  • Good to have a trim every fortnight - keeps me looking smart for my nights at the SL. Lol. Actually I am regreting it tonight as it's so cold and my ears are freezing. Chang ps how often do you go ..?
  • My missus cuts my hair twice a year.<br>
  • Looks like it too. You might at least turn the light on next time. (joke) Chang .
  • Can u let me know if Vitor is open on sunday afternoons and when he closes? I need a trim and am currently in St Albans and coming down for a cut. Can't get thru on the Vitorline. Chang.