best pub in the area

edited May 2007 in Local discussion
just wanting to know what you guys think is the number 1 pub in the are. i know there are other discussions talking about the local pubs but what is the best.

personally i think i have been to most of them i will start with the worlds end, i went in there once needing to go to the toilet, felt a bit rude so i bought a pint i didnt get finish it i just had to leave.

then comes the white lion, has anyone been in there, i have walked past many times but would never step foot in the door looks like one of the worst pubs in london with the clientele to match

next on to chapter one finally a decent place to have a drink though the food isnt that good. i really like to go there on a sunday night and just chill out.

the larrick........ noticed it is now getting a paint job ( competin g with the old dairy)
i went in there the other day to waqtch the cricket. that is the only reason that i would go there, beer was rubbish and not that cheap either, it is quite a big pub and like the old dairy can feel a bit uncomfortabl if there isnt a rew peeople there.
then over the road to the dairy....
changed just recently and now asking stupidly expensive prices for there beer, really nice building but again needs a rew people in there to get some atmosphere.

then up to the noble, this is my favourite place to go, it is quite a small place which is really cosy, i was there the other day when it was quite warm, they had the windows wide open, yay a pub with some fresh air, went in for a drink( dont like to pay 14pounds for a meal but ended up trying some of there tapas, i was well impressed me and my girlfriend ended up eating for a tenner each, much better then 14 for one dish,
then up to the crouch, not sure if it is still open but i think it rivals the white lion for the worst pub in london ....

let me know what do you think is the best pub in the area

Comments

• edited 9:48AM
    There's a bit of pub chatter in <a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=335">this thread</a>

I'm not sure we ever decided on a favourite.
    noble. except for sport.
    there we have it, then :)
  • edited May 2007
    That's a bit like asking what the best song is, or best film in the world. Mood dictates everything here. Personally I like to think of Stroudgreen being a place that has the best pub selection I've experienced residentially. I've got noble/diary for a good pint and meal, larrick for sport, fullback for a noisier atmostphere and so on. Its nice to have the variety of price, atmostphere and service and them not all be the same. I've not properly been in Chapter One yet as everytime I approach the door I hear something gastly coming out and think, no i'll walk on a bit. But again, it offers something for those in the mood for it something the other's don't. And there's always the White Lion if you want a fight.
    Or an ambulance
    when is the best time to go to the fulback?

perth road right?

is it a busy pub?
    I was going to mention that you missed out the Fullback in your run down Lucky.

The Fullback get extremely busy most evening and weekends and for some reason none of the bar staff ever want to serve me :(

I do like it for a pint sometimes after work when it's nice and relaxed, at other times I find it's too smokey, noisy and full of students in term time.
    Depends what you're after lucky. It is smokey and noisy in there - even more so when a key football game is on but that's what a boisterous pub should be. Go early week if you want it quieter or better still go somewhere else if you want a quiet beer. The service can be absolutely shit sometimes, but then you could probably level that at any pub in London on its day. It does have more character than all the other pubs in the area though.