24 hour shops

RoyRoy
edited March 2011 in Local discussion
I've found a few shops already that are open pretty late - the Convenience Store on SGR, and the Budget Supermarket and Off-Licence also on SGR (on the corner of Woodstock Road) for two.

But I'm just curious - what is there if anything that is truly 24 hours? There's Big Sainsbury's which which Misscara and Miss Annie mentioned in another thread, which appears to be nominally 24 hours, but of course it's not open on Saturday or Sunday nights.

Anything else 24 hours around here? Anything genuinely 24x7?

-roy

Comments

• edited 10:40AM
    Several of the Green Lanes greengrocers should be open 24 / 7.
  • RoyRoy
    edited 10:40AM
    Any 24x7 beer? There was some mention of 24 hour beer on the Woody's closing thread but it was a bit vague, just said "on Seven Sisters Road".

-roy
  • KazKaz
    Costcutters on Stroud Green Road are open late, I think till 2 or maybe 3 on Friday and Saturday nights, and they have alcohol license. There is a 24hr shop in Muswell Hill that sells alcohol, that's the only one that springs to mind.
    I think the Seven Sisters Road ones are called Sunrise, Sunshine, something like that? Both on the south side, one near the little Tesco, one along towards the petrol station, opposite the park entrance. And then about halfway between SGR and Hornsey Road there's another on the north side whose name escapes me.
    speaking of Tesco, a new one is in the process of opening up just by junction of Hornsey Rd and Seven Sisters. Looks like an Express. Dunno if it will be open 24hrs though!
    How about the shop in the petrol station on Stapleton Hall Road?
  • RoyRoy
    Ah yes, petrol stations are always good sources of 24 hour shops. There even used to be one in Cambridge that sold beer (not 24 hours for that, though).
  • KazKaz
    Petrol station is 24/7. No alcohol though. And you have to order through the window, so a pain if you want more than a couple of things. But then again, I guess you wouldn't go there to do a big food shop in the middle of the night...
    The user and all related content has been deleted.