Sable D'or opening soon!

2»

Comments

• edited 9:26PM
    Just took my mum, sister and niece along and had a fantastic experience. Really nice ambience, AMAZING cakes, good quality coffee, and very friendly french staff. We went for afternoon tea, but was pleasantly surprised to see a full lunch/sandwich menu, crepes, soup etc. For £18.30, we had 4 coffees (2 latte, 2 black), 1 orange/banana/strawberry smoothie, 1 apricot crumble cake, 1 pecan pie, 1 carrot cake. So it looks like £1.50 your hot drinks, £3 your cakes, £3 your smoothies. I think FP can take that. Just hope theres room for everyone on the street now.
    Had a cheese and gentrified sundried tomato croissant this morning and went back for a lemon tart this afternoon - both excellent, both £2.10, which I think is pretty good value. Lovely place, lovely staff.

I saw a woman outside it this morning who was very nicely dressed in tweeds, which makes the shirt-under-a-jumper look positively prole in comparison. If you're passing, Kreuzkav, be warned!
    I wonder if they’ll have free wifi. Kreuzkav’s probably protesting outside wearing a donkey-jacket cloth cap, or whatever self-conscious proles wear these days. (I await a long rambling description of what Kreuzkav actually wears on each day of the week)
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2011
    Anybody been to the gents yet?
  • edited March 2011
    I like knitwear. Infact I find a nice soft sweater on a woman is quite hot.

I usually wear boots, jeans, t-shirt and a jumper, with a long black crombie style coat. Sometimes a shirt too but not with a jumper over.

I just hope they're paying their workers proper wages.

I will pop in for an over priced bread roll and coffee at some stage.

Love to Arkady. The man who knows it all!

Who wears donkey jackets now?
  • edited March 2011
    @ Eminem Bon matin, this morning I will have a look in as I go to work. The gentrified sun dried tomato croissant seems quite apt for the area.
    Will check it out this weekend - sounds like a promising addition to the area

Sadly,though, I'm guessing these reviews indicate no sausage rolls
  • RegReg
    edited 9:26PM
    Went for breakfast this morning and thought it was great. I had the cinnamon toast (yoghurt, blueberries, maple syrup) and m'lady had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. All good. Only oddity is that there is a full vegetarian english breakfast (veggy sausage?) but no full english. I don't mind as its rarely what I am after but a notable omission...
  • AliAli
    Go an find out. Ths might help you Vendez-vous des roulés à la saucisse?
    I liked it too. Excellent cake and smoothies and good staff too. Only slight niggle is that they don't take cards, but that's easily fixed.
  • RegReg
    Merci Ali. ("ecoutez et repetez" ringing in my ears (forgive the spelling))
  • KazKaz
    I'm hungry now...
    My preference would be Boulangerie, bon matin

As if you were walking in Cheers-style and greeting all assembled
  • LizLiz
    Scoffed a delicious jam filled brioche on the way to the station this morning. Lucky it is not actually on my route to work or I'd be in trouble. Great addition to the area.