Boulangerie Bon Matin

edited March 2011 in Local discussion
Hope you don't mind my joining your local discussion regarding Bon Matin.

My name is Joan Podel, while I live in Muswell Hill I will now be spending alot more time in your lovely Stroud Green neighbourhood.

I work for Mohamed and Dahmane Ladjassa for several years now beginning with Sable D'or Patisserie in Muswell Hill as their Publicist and Marketing person and organizing the monthly art exhibitions at our Muswell Hill location for the past several years. I will now be organziing the monthly art exhibitions at Bon Matin; the first exhibition being my own three bodies of works; woven collage, printmaking and box construcitons.

I'm thrilled for Dahmane as this Bon Matin is his 'baby'!
Opening day was thrilling for everyone and customers were still there until around 8 p.m. while the hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What a hit! Everyone will benefit from this beautiful new environment and lucioous baked goods and other foods made fresh daily and throughout the day.

The new concept with an 'open kitchen' placing your order at the till,
receving your table number, choosing your table, then your order is served, paying at the till before you leave will be interesting to see how this works and developes.

We have Wi-Fi and outlets to re-charge your laptop.

The entire space especially the back area at least for me is like being in a large skylit studio in Paris or Manhattan with the glass ceilings in the back, seeing the changing sky and the natural light flooding in throughout the day and changing all the time. For sure this is a very special space and the lovely customers have been sharing this with me opening day and yesterday. I plan to be a regular a few times a week and still keep my seat at Table 14 in Sable D'or Muswell Hill.

The brothers Mohamed and Dahmane are French Algerian and so bring with them their love and passion for beautiful baked goods, filled baguettes, quiche tarts which are glorious, savoury and sweet goods combined with a traditional breakfast and lunch menu, well the customers will benefit from all of these choices. Mousse tarts and cakes and celebration cakes can be custom ordered for a special occasion and celebration. Soon you will be able to order a thick milkshake!

To me it feels as though I'm back home in Manhattan; friendly and just plain cool and chic!

I don't mind if you would like to pass your comments along to me
both positive and negative and I will try to get any negatives sorted.

It's early days so 'kinks' have to be worked out, be patient with us guys.

Newspapers provided 7 days a week.

178 Tollington Park (off Stroud Green Road)

So linger, chat, do business, write your novel, e-mail your friends while enjoying your tea, coffee and croissant or brioche.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Joan

Comments

• edited 9:24PM
    Thanks for popping in and saying hi. Looking forward to dropping in for breakfast tomorrow. Good luck! (@Andy - thread merge?)
    I popped in yesterday and have to say it seemed great - the cakes and pastries looked amazing and it had been done out very well - very bright and airy. I got a cheesecake to take away and it was absolutely delicious!

My only "complaint" is that I assumed it was going to be a bakery, whereas it seems to be more of a cafe/patisserie, but that aside, it's a very welcome addition to the area and I'll definitely be back soon.
    Amazing place. Really friendly, very well decorated, splendid food. And so cheap! had the vegetarian breakfast which was as good as any I've had, and for less than £6!
    I had a look yesterday, I now have tile envy - those floor tiles are gorgeous. The cakes look splendid too, look forward to giving it a whirl.