I need a driving instructor. Preferably with own valium

edited March 2011 in Local discussion
Now before you all leap on me I have used the search engine but I am asking for new recommendations cos I am a little bit special in the driving department. A bit like Maureen on Driving School. I am truly a horrible, not to mention, nervous driver. A danger to myself and others. I need someone with nerves of steel and who will actually allow me to drive for longer than the initial 5 minutes of the lesson. Any ideas?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Siolae, if you find one let me know. I started learning to drive a few years ago but my driving instructor committed suicide (not whilst I was driving) so I took it to be a sign that I should stop. I'm thinking of taking the plunge again and I certainly don't want an instructor who is possessed of a nervous disposition.
  • edited 4:06PM
    Phone DEC London and ask for lessons with Khurshid. 0800 043 0505 0207 241 3322 http://declondon.com/ He taught me at the age of 39 - and believe me, that was not an easy task. It took some time but i am now a confident driver to the total amazement of my partner and friends who did not believe anyone could teach me to drive. I drive from London to Wales happily on my own now and can even reverse into a parking space! Good luck and please do not give up if you find it difficult because you will get there in the end! -Tinker
    That is meant to be two phone numbers: 0800 043 0505 0207 241 3322
    Thank you Tinker. And for the encouragement!
  • AliAli
    edited 4:06PM
    If you want to swot for your exam go here <http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/community_and_leisure/libraries/onlineresources.htm>; look about halfway down the page
    I wanted to add my recommendation .. I've been having lessons from the lovely and amazingly calm and patient Karen .. Phone number is 07894 882659.

I was properly phobic when I started and so anxious, but she handled me so well, can't imagine a better instructor for anyone who is maybe a bit older, needs help with nerves etc. Give her a try, and good luck!
    Does anyone know of a good driving instructer for automatic lessons in the area?