Professional couple seek flat

edited June 2011 in Classifieds
Young professional couple seek 1 - 2 bedroom property with garden. £800/900 pcm. We have two well-behaved cats, happy to keep any rodents away! We are both teachers who work in North London so need to stay in the area. Hoping to move in this summer.
Keen gardeners, we would enjoy keeping/putting your garden in good shape. Happy to do some decorating and easy odd-jobs around the house if required.
No agents. Private land lords only.
Seeking a medium term tenancy (up to 4 years if possible) as we are saving for a deposit in order to buy.

Comments

• edited 6:37PM
    I'm afraid I can't help you with your search, but do let us know if you find something. I'm curious to know if such flats exist.

We're paying about that much for our current flat. We'd like to move out but stay in the area. Unfortunately, everything we've seen has been significantly more expensive. £1,100 is closer to the going rate for a 1-bedroom.
  • edited June 2011
    Good luck with your search. I pay about £800 for my tiny one bedroom flat with shared garden. It's not really big enough for two of us (as my chap is 6ft 5) but we've looked for other flats in the area and Rainbow is about spot on with pricing. Have a look on find a property's website, I found this flat through an agency on there but my landlady manages it herself and the contract is with her.
    I know, rentals do seem to be sky high at the moment, but some of our friends have had luck advertising in this way, so it's worth a shot!
    Our other option is looking to house-share with another (cat-friendly) couple...which would mean we could live somewhere like this!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-29758459.html

We're trawling through friends and acquaintances, but if either of you are, or know, a nice couple in the same position as us who'd be up for cohabitation then give me a shout.

:)
    Hi Inix, we are interested in your post and might be able to help. But I can't work out how to send you a private message! Please advise what to do next!
    Hi Tinker, I probably wouldn't be able to work out how to read a personal message anyway!

My email is:

nicholls.laura@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

:)