this forum is rubbish

edited June 2011 in General chat
mmmm...this forum is rubbish. a small number of regular users seem to spout opinions about ownership of pavements, old men smoking on stroud green road, taking the wazz out of the mentally ill, inspring and promoting intolerance, justifying the middle way, standing in the sess pit of right wing, Daily Mail inspired alarmism, complaining about everything and nothing. Leave alone the homeless, the political activist and people who que to touch in at the station in the morning. Leave alone the yummie mummies, posh twerps and drunks outside WLM. If you tolerate this........last post.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I’m quite sure that the other two of the three comments you have posted since joining last August have been sparkling contributions that raised the calibre of the forum no end, but I can’t remember them. I’m sure everybody’s sorry that they haven’t been entertaining you.
  • edited June 2011
    If we're handing out unsolicited feedback, theworkhouse can't spell.
  • edited 1:56AM
    Well, there is some truth in what the theworkhouse has to say. But no forum is perfect surely? I've found some really useful, funny and interesting stuff on here. Yes, there is a small group of regulars, but what is wrong with that?
  • edited June 2011
    @theworkhouse

Just to clarify a point from your speech comrade, was there a question at the end? 'if you tolerate this......last post'
    [ i.e ''if you tolerate this then this is my last post!']
    Or was it a wry quote from those firebrands of yesteryear The Manics?

mmmmm......I've decided it was a question and I'm going to answer it - We don't tolerate 'this'. Still I can see how random abuse of strangers might make you feel powerful, so powerful that you could even criticise other strangers for what you perceive as random abuse of strangers.
    @ theworkhouse.
    I am so sorry that you think that this Forum is rubbish. Do you write for another Forum? Could you explain how yours is better than ours?
    Would love to hear your comments.
    @Cookie I suspect that you wouldn't.
    "a small number of regular users seem to spout opinions" ... a perfect description of an internet forum :)
    I agree. It is rubbish. But, it's good.
    the one thing I bear in mind on the internet in general is that most people, without the ability to read their tone, mood or intent like you can face to face, can come across as total cunts.
    Myself included.
    Pinch. Salt.
    And breathe.