Dotori

KazKaz
edited July 2011 in Local discussion
Couldn't find a Dotori link, so... Went for dinner there for the first time after 5 (?) years in the area. Also my first encounter with Korean food. Yum!!!! And so cheap. If you haven't been, I urge you to go! (But book first.)

Comments

• edited 12:01AM
    are they doing take away?
  • KazKaz
    edited 12:01AM
    Yes they do do takeaway
    They do takeaway but it can take a verrrrryyyyy lonnnnngggg time to prepare, particularly when they're busy. We're talking 60 mins plus for an order for 2. Usually worth the wait though.
    Dotori seems very popular judging by people's posts on here. What dishes do people recommend?
    The Bosintang is delicious
  • IanIan
    @Nests What's not to like? Everything is worth trying. The sushi and sashimi are great. I like the Rainbow Roll and sashimi. On the starters, the tempura, the spicy chicken and the seafood pancake are personal favourites. The dumpling soup is great value. I like the BBQ pork or chicken as a shared starter as well. Spoke to the owner at the weekend, he is going to expand or move to a bigger place to try and cater for the hoards in the evening that queue up to get in. I tried to convince him further up the SGR but he is worried about losing regular clients (including Gilbert & George) who might take the tube but wouldn't then walk up the road.
    My supremely discerning, outrageously multitalented and extravagantly gorgeous other half will not eat rice, sushi, sashimi, noodles, dumplings of any kind, pancakes or squid. Is there anything left on the menu at Dotori?
    Gim - seaweed flakes. Delicious, but not very filling. Tempura vegetables or prawns. Miso soup. Struggling to find a carb though.
  • KazKaz
    @Krappy - There are some nice korean bbq-dishes. Can't remember how they come, but I'm sure I ordered rice separately, so have a feeling they just come with the meat and some veggies.
    Korean set menu D is amazing. All of it.
  • IanIan
    @Kaz the BBQ dishes come with lettuce. You put the meat in a lettuce leaf with the chilli sauce. Mmmmmmm
  • KazKaz
    Ah, yes, I remember now! Suitable for mrs Krappy then!
    @krappyrubsnif

Beef bulgogi, dak (chicken) bulgogi, or daeji (pork) bulgogi (although daeji translates as "pig") are pretty standard Korean fayre. Daeji is quite spicy though.
    @Sevlow : Nice one. Not sure if any one spotted that yet :)

@Ian : They should take over that "cursed" place on Stroud Green next to Tescos (ex Pancake/Asian restaurant)
    Would love for Dotori to move up Stroud Green Road; greatly prefer it to Seasons....