location, location, location

edited September 2011 in Local discussion
Happend to see last weeks location, location, location on catchup last night and amused to see Finsbury Park being the sort after area and the filming in The Old Dairy ... loved the reaction to the possiblity of living on Hornsey Road! anyway this has probably been discussed but haven't looked back far!

Comments

• edited 3:43AM
    It was pretty funny. Couple 1 - Generally dullard east london wannabes. Early thirties but still listing "gigs and clubs" as their pastimes, although this probably translates as seeing Michael Buble once a year at the O2. Said they loved being near their friends and had to be able to walk there. Bet their friends can't wait for them to move away. Had 230k to spend, wanted 2 beds, a garden, all in the SG area. Seemed rather offended when shown exactly what they wanted, within budget, but opposite the estate on hornsey road above a chinese. I suspect they were both concerned that the guys "oar-like" sideburns weren't going to fit through the front door. Couple 2 - Disaster written all over it. He worked in Lincs, she lived in Balham. Buying in north london to "reduce the commute" on a Friday night for the bloke by an hour. The bloke had less personality than a mouldy old turd, and painfully the girl looked like she saw him as last chance saloon to get married. He was to live there 2 days, her 5, yet he called the shots. They famously referred to a nice street in Crouch End as shabby, and then bought a yellow mess in Chiswick (yes, because thats a perfect place to reduce a commute on a friday from Lincs....bring on the north circular or M25 mate!). The Old Dairy made a cameo, as did CE Broadway and the 91 bus. Sadly, Hamlet Cafe, Rishin 2 and Hornsey Tap supermarket were not considered worthy of a "north london lifetsyle" shot.
  • AliAli
    edited 3:43AM
    Like your description of couple 2 spot on.
  • AliAli
    edited 3:43AM
    It also seems that young dude kreuzkav is a secret aspiring watcher
    Agreed! Spot on with couple 2. She was so a beard. There's no way a straight guy would be so bothered about (their words not mine) 'kerb appeal'.

Glad they live in Chiswick.

Can't quite reconcile the pressure to give up on SG/FP/CE and move out to Turnpike Lane with the show's title...
  • Clearly I'm not a homeowner. 'Kerb appeal' sounds like a streetwalker term.
    @ Ali, the I was alerted on here about the programme and watched it on 4OD. I loathe the programme but I love this area and wanted to know why people loathed the couples so much on here. I agree with some of my haters on here about it.
  • edited September 2011
    @ Brodiej. About couple two, the last chance saloon they met at was probably an internet dating site. Having all that money and deciding to buy a flat at a location close to a route out of London. What a character?
    Uh. Come again?
    @ brodiej, I think the couple met on a dating site as they seem to have no chemistry. I agree with you they're characterless.