Police on train tracks - looking for someone or something?

2»

Comments

• ArcherArcher Scarborough Road
    edited 10:46PM
    I think Caprica is the best makes a bit more sense on the religious aspect of things.
  • edited 10:46PM
    Not seen it yet, just watched, 'The Plan'. Doesn't Caprica end in mid air?
    Thanks Sasha, i get it even if no-one else does. Footage of a guy opening an unlocked car is not evidence for a crime that doesn't even exist because it hasn't been reported. And an actual crime was only realised sometime afterwards when you spoke to the owners....who then were stupid for not reporting it....they are the issue. Its just a video of a man opening a car!...not even forcing it open. this would not make a SKY One programme in my opinion. Thanks for telling us about the bloke....got to say, if i was going to nick stuff, i wouldn't wear a white tracksuit! It makes is slightly easier to identify you! Moral of the story - Report ANY crime that you are a victim of regardless of whether you want the hassle or not. You owe it to everyone that lives in the area.
  • edited October 2011
    It'd make it a lot easier to identify him if, you know, there was some sort of video? Oh wait...
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Brodiej. Thats what I wanted to say - but obviously it didn't come across like that. The thing is, it wasn't footage of him opening a car or nething, it was just footage of him standing on the pavement outside my window after he crossed the road because the hazards on one car was set off by him leaning on it. It could have been by accident at the time, but u never know so I wanted to take a picture of his face but it was video instead (iPhone). Then I go about my business and come back to deal with the guinea pigs and see him - not video him, see him with my eyes - take the package from the boot, walking off, being neighbourly to the passers by.

What freaks me out is that, if I didn't see who was actually driving/ using the car, no one would be none the wiser. The victim actually put some stuff into his boot and didnt realise anything was missing until I asked him if it was his car and to check the boot because I saw someone else open it...

Just be careful people, double check - at least.
  • edited October 2011
    I think it can be quite confusing sometimes, how when a crime has clearly taken place, but no apparent victim comes forward, nothing can be done. A friend of mine was subject to an ellaborate identity theft recently, involving several thousand pounds going missing from his account, putting his business in difficulty for several weeks. He has a good idea of the culprit (a neighbour) and how it happened but the bank plan to write it off, although they still haven't refunded all of the money and aren't chasing it up the police, the bank's own processes are a complete mess. The police say only the bank can report it, not him, because they are the victim. Meanwhile someone gets loads of free gadgets and nice clothes for nothing.
    I just realised, y'all think I have video footage of him committing the crime. Which is not the case. Call me obsessive - complusive , call me paranoid, but there is a routine to stroud green life and living and if you look shifty and I see you - there will be some documentatoion of ur presence, mentally or otherwise. we are all here to look out for each other and that's what I think I did
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Dororthy - that situation is so messed up - a neighbour. A friend of mine in this area had a situation whereby they believe the neighbour to be the culprit, but their house was burgluarised whilst they were on holiday instead.

Identity theft is so much fracking stress. My Ma went through it once, she felt like a finacial pariah. I hope this situation with your friend resolves it self quickly, but I can be a lengthy process - as you said.
  • edited October 2011
    A few years ago, someone stole Mrs K's bag at Nando's while she visited the loo. There was very, very good CCTV footage showing the theft taking place and a clear image of the guy's face. The lovely Nando's manager said he knew this person by sight as he'd visited Nando's often and he thought he'd done some bags before.

We reported the crime and gave Hornsey CID the footage. A week later the CID said they weren't going to do anything. No explanation. When we asked for the CCTV back they refused to give it to us. If I'd been given it, I was going to post it on SG Org and print off a 'wanted' poster......

Can you believe it? It makes you so angry. Bring in fucking SUPERCOP!
    I was burgled last year. Despite my assumptions the police were brilliant, arrived very quickly, immensely polite and helpful and they nicked the buys that did it. Don't give up hope!
    edited October 2011
    @ krappy - I knew the police where lax, but my god - that lax...
    @ N4matt - I'm glad to hear in your case - criminals being caught up and paying for their crimes.

If there are people who are truly concerned about the open car theif, I can get the footage back and upload it somehow to this thread, if you want. Or we can just consider this a learning experience and adopt a more OCD approach to our lifestyles. Joke!

@ krappy...Police motto: Not only can we deney you of your own justice, we can continue to harrass you in order to reach our own.

@ PC Kane... joke,

I'm I though?
    Petty and opportunistic crime is very common around here. Our builders were unloading their van and, whilst bringing their tools inside left their old mucky vacuum cleaner by our door to be brought in on a second trip. They pushed our front door semiclosed so the dog didn't get out. It was just 2 mins but this big blue van drove up, a guy calmly jumped out grabbed the vacuum and put it into the van then drove off. I saw this from upstairs and by the time I came down they were gone. I would easily recognise the van again. The builder was not bothered as it was an old Hoover but it really brought home that NOTHING can be left outside if you ever want to see it again.
    There's a white van (not a transit, something a bit bigger) that drives around the area with a couple of 30ish Asian gents in it.

I've only seen them taking obviously scrap metal (radiators etc.), feels like I see it ever other week (and I live on a crescent).

Not that I think they're up to anything nefarious, just that there's a general scavenging tactic that goes on in the area. Must be the cuts etc.
    I would encourage people to report all crime and suspicious behaviour to the police.

Car crime is currently high in the area and we are trying various tactics to try and tackle it but we need the publics help in order to do this.

Trying car door handles of a car that is not yours IS A CRIME and should be reported to police. Also, is that person 'going equipped' to steal? Do they have tools on them that could be used to break into cars or houses? Again, if they do, then that is a crime and there does not need to be a victim to report anything.

The Stroud Green Safer Neighbourhood Team (Haringey side of SGR) can be contacted on 0208 721 2837. We are obviously not on duty 24/7 but if we are when you call, we will respond to any issues raised asap. If we are not on duty, and it is not urgent then a message can be left and we will reply asap.

If the matter requires a police response sooner (ie, there is somebody acting suspiciously) then please call the non-emergency number 101 and a response unit from the borough will deal as soon as possible.

If it is an Emergency, and a crime is happening or is abbout to happen always dial 999.

We can also be emailed at stroudgreen.snt@met.police.uk

Thank You

PC Paul KANE 263YR