Stealing car parts!

edited October 2011 in Local discussion
I have a mini - albeit an oldish one - and time after time parts are stolen from it. I used to live on Tollington Park and it was a frequent event and having recently moved to one of the quieter Stround Green roads I thought it was over - but no - last night one whole side of wheel surround was ripped off again! My partner spotted another mini on Thorpdale with the same thing tonight too ... So annoying! just wanted to mention it and to warn any other mini owners to keep an eye out for this petty theft/vandalism.

Comments

• edited 3:55AM
    Pretty common tactic is to break e.g. a sidelight, then wait for you to replace it, then they come back and steal the brand new one.
  • ArcherArcher Scarborough Road
    edited 3:55AM
    What - are u talking about the hubcap ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 3:55AM
    Bending wheels out of shape is a technique used by cycle thieves. They do this and hope the cyclist leaves the bicycle locked up overnight or at least for a few hours to come back with tools to fix it the next day when they have more time. In the meantime they steal itthey come back in the night steal the bike and just put on a new wheel.

So if you're wheel is bent out of shape, walk it home. Don't leave it locked up all night.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AliAli
    edited 3:55AM
    Agree cheap non flash bike and reasonable lock to stop cycle joy riders !