Rose

edited October 2007 in Reviews
Rose is another one to add to the Stroud Green list of really great places that you can't see surviving.

I go in there sometimes to get a takeaway and there's hardly ever anyone else in there. The lovely waitress gets me a beer as I wait, the food is prepared on the open coals, but rarely do any customers come in.

Been intrigued by the "Thesticles" [sic(k)] on the menu, but never brave enough.

The food's good, the service is good, it's decked out well. The only thing is it's opposite the Noble which is a fine place to spend the evening.

Comments

• edited 9:01PM
    It's quiet but, it's not as quiet as the Greek place opposite which is rarely open.

We've just been to The Triangle on Ferme Park Road. Very odd place. Lovely lamb tagine and jerk chicken mains. The evening was slightly soured by the 20 (twenty!) % gratuity pre-added to the bill. It wasn't until we left that I could get my hands on a menu which confirmed my memory of a 10% gratuity. We'd already paid up with no complaints. I'm unlikely to return as a result of being diddled.
    i am always quite put off by the women that works there and sits outside smoking and spitting in the street, not a good look for anywhere that serves food............

and saying that you would think that the chefs from the dairy would not sit in the doorway with there ripped chef jackets smoking a cigarette...............

being a chef myself, there is nothing i cant stand more than seeing a really dirty looking chef standing in the bloody door way of where they work with a ciggie in there hand..........

for me it is just such a turn off, would you really want to go and order food some where that does that.........

the dairy restaurant never seems to really busy anyway.....
    maybe i am not the only one to think that............
    The Triangle is a bit odd - it never seems to know what it wants to be. My favourite thing about it is that they always have some mint or thyme growing in the pots outside, so I just pinch a few sprigs on the way past.
  • IanIan
    edited 9:01PM
    Tried to eat there with a friend the other night. They put us near to the stoves "where it is warmer" - it was still freezing. We walked out. A restaurant that can't afford to heat itself is not long for trading come winter.
    I always enjoy the food at Triangle, they always have lots of crazy stuff on the menu. As for The Rose, I went there once in it's former guise. Food was OK, service was slow, and prices were extortionate. Might give it another go, but I see it lasting as long before a name change as it did last time.