Soba

2»

Comments

• My advice would be to the future occupants of the unit. Whatever you do, don't open a restaurant. I've lived in the era for a fair old while, and that is The Unit of Death.<div><br></div><div>On a more cheery note, I see what used to be Heads Up on Tollington Park is under offer. Anyone know what's going to be in there? </div>
  • Mikep - I used to think the same about the unit that is now Dotori, after seeing cafe after cafe fail. If it's good, it will last.
  • win! new sign up says it will be a fish and chip shop.
  • <p>I wish the same would happen to BBM.  Maybe not a fish and chip shop as one is located a few doors down, but a good veggie cafe!  </p><p>Before you have a go at me (esp. Andy).  I'm sure Soba were trying and working hard but they didn't cut the mustard.  </p><p> </p>
  • I hope Sugar Lounge buy a new sound system and do test sessions to see how much base their speakers can take.......at 2am
  • Brodiej is on a mission to piss me off now.  Bring it on~ I'm no longer down and will face you any day. 
  • <p>I'm out of here soon.  Stroud Green is no longer what it was.  It's full of knitting clubs and soft city folk.  It used to be a lot more interesting.</p><p> </p>
  • Morning. Well i was on a mission to annoy you, looks like i succeeded to some degree, but that doesn't make me very happy. I was embarrassed reading my comments this morning. However....<div><br></div><div>Most daft wind-up comments from me towards you are for several reasons</div><div><br></div><div>1. You make them over and over again without any connection to a thread</div><div>2. They are riddled with money envy, which you have presumed is abundant. I can accept that some people struggle to get by and may feel odd towards those that don't. But you are poisonous about it, borderline hatred. There's never any logical reasoning from you just comments that you hate middle classes.</div><div>3. You expect us to and show sympathy to your situation having been abusive.</div><div><br></div><div>All we do is apply the same behaviour and give the same type of comments in return. </div><div><br></div><div>I would like to apologise. All i would ask is you curb the persistant abuse of your neighbours, as i will of you.</div><div><br></div>
  • Hope its a proper fish and chip shop rather than another kebab type one. One like the Beach Hut at Highbury Barn would be great - that place is amazing.
  • Let us know when you do piss off Kreuzkav, I'll organise a party.  In the Sugar Lounge. The day before you leave.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good Lord! Knitting clubs? What has become of the area? I'm disgusted, DISGUSTED I tell you.<br>
  • I hope the knitting club can finish my maroon tea cosy before Kreuzkav gets them closed down
  • Back on topic. Does it look like it's the same team behind Yemek and Soba, or is this a properly new business?
  • Ah-hah!    @Mirandola, you will go far.
  • <P>"stroud green is no longer what it was.its full of knitting clubs now"</P> <P>?</P> <P>i wonder if anyone has ever moved out of the area where they lived because they thought that there were too many knitting clubs in the area?</P> <P>anyone in the entire history of the world ever done that?</P> <P>no?</P> <P>okay...</P> <P>denmark's sarah lund has got alot to answer for...she's ruining stroud green...with all these new sg knitters...</P> <P>quite right,back on topic please...no messing around...terrible how people go off topic...a sign of gentrification no doubt...people with an imagination moving into sg going off topic,knitting,drinking a cappacino in local cafes and washing it down with a latte and an americano</P> <P>carry on </P>
  • I saw a van in the shop today. <br>A van. <br>IN. THE. SHOP. <br><br>Fully encased. <br><br>Totally inside.<br><br>All of it.<br><br>I actually derive sick pleasure from seeing this unit change over so quickly. It's sad that people's businesses don;t work, but if you ain't done your research into what folk want.....<br>
  • <P>like the tea cosy based joke mr Krappy...</P> <P>good use of humour...</P> <P>carry on</P>
  • <p>@ Misscara.  Cor blimey, you guys take yourselves so seriousily.   I don't drink during the week now but had a bit too much last night and got carried away.  Christmas spirit. and the statement that Stroud Green had too many knitting clubs was a joke. As far as I know it has one knitting club.  I think knitting club is good and keeps people busy.  Better than sitting at home and being bitter.  You're doing an amazing job Misscara, and I mean it.  Keep on knitting.  It might be the what we're looking for.  My grandad knitted.  He was a rugged Irishman but wasn't afraid to take up the knitting needles and knit.  Fair play to him.  He's still alive and he's 87.  </p><p> </p>
  • It is just capitalism seeing shops/restaurants fail.  Lots go under, for one reason or another, but occasionally you will get a Pappagones, for example, which despite being a bit crazy to set up near to Porchetta, which I believe was very popular at the time, became a massive success and brings high footfall to the street, and will be there for a long time. <div><br></div><div>There is no reason why the Soba unit should fail unless the rent is unrealistically high. Though with a 3 month rent free, and no doubt a sensible landlord, that shouldn't be the case. </div>
  • <P>Ah. That explains a lot. Kreuzkav. To be frank,  I think you'd be better off out of here. You behave like someone with a depression problem. Rather than continue getting yourself beaten up on SG.org over and over again (a return to your youth?), wouldn't it be better to get some help? </P> <P>As for you others: for God's sake lay off. this constant warring is not doing anybody any good.</P>
  • <P>Christ. How did that happen? My last post has appeared on the wrong thread. I was responding to Kreuzkav telling us he had been beaten and bullied as a teenager.</P> <P>Does anyone else have problems contributing on this site? My typing goes slow, and sometimes the whole system jams. Is it SG.org, or my ancient laptop to blame?</P>
  • <P>checkski - if you type your comment then click on "post comment" and the comment does not appear on the thread,then click on "write comment", above,then click on "post comment" again and it works.pehaps the threads are on a timer so you get timed out if you take too long writing and posting your comments?</P> <P>"haven't started your tea cosy yet krappy"</P> <P>so krappy was being serious!</P>
  • I'll pay.  In every respect, probably.