Burglary/Items stolen

edited December 2011 in Local discussion
Was burgled last night.  Lancaster Road.  They stole an apple macbook pro 15 inch, a black leather hand bag and a black "badabing" nappy bag.  Anyone come across anything like this on their travels, please drop me a line.<div><br></div><div>Thanks.</div>

Comments

• Around this time about three years ago, we were burgled on Florence Road. They stole our laptop. Smashed a brick through the window. We replaced it (and the window with toughened glass) and they came back 2 months later. Smashed a different window. <div>Get the police out to show you how to improve your security - that's what we did and we haven't been burgled since. It's free and very helpful.</div><div>Very sorry to hear about your bad experience.</div>
  • The two months later thing is super common. They wait for the insurance replacements…
  • <p>Sorry to hear about your loss.I had my Black Macbook stolen 3 years ago.Luckily they never came back.</p><p>When I got my replacement, I bought a s/w called Undercover from Orbicule that will track your laptop, take photos.</p><p>It'll also disable the laptop rendering it useless and make a general nuisance to the thief if you're not able to recover it. </p><p>I've been lucky enough not having to have test it yet .... Touch wood.</p>
  • Also, ask the police about SMART WATER.  You paint it on your valuables and it means if the police find it is comes home!  Also, it is a deterrent.
  • That orbicule software looks great.