World's best local newspaper story

edited January 2008 in Local discussion
It's got everything. A disappointed priest, an opening sentence with the word "disgust" in it, a quote from someone on the street and an "Is it art?" debate. The best part is the fact that he makes three a week. [check out the story here](http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/content/islington/gazette/news/story.aspx?brand=ISLGOnline&category=news&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=newsislg&itemid=WeED09 Jan 2008 12:47:16:180)

Comments

• edited 3:59AM
    Three a week?

"they are heartfelt and delicate."

"but it sounds like he's taking the piss."

or just a load of old wank
    I'm in the wrong business.
    'Performance Artist?'

It all comes down to 'what would your mother think?'...
  • LizLiz
    edited 3:59AM
    What I really want to know is how much they are on sale for. It doesn't say on the gallery website, or the artists, but I think the bottom picture on this site shows the 'works': <http://www.c4rd.org.uk/>;
    Are you after one Liz?

Gosh, there's a lot of, umm, 'material' in them, particularly in the bottom left corner?!
    I think there's a bit of wallpaper paste going on there?
    do you think the 'artworks' have a 3d effect so he can still tell which is which when he goes blind?
  • LizLiz
    edited 3:59AM
    @ Four Eyes - I realise that my previous post looks a bit...keen. It's not that I want one, just that I'm curious as to whether you can actually make a living by wanking on bits of paper. For example, if they're £200 each, and he makes 3 a week and sells them all, then he's raking in about £26k a year, allowing for 15% commission to the gallery. I wonder if he's ever had a grant off the Arts Council? It's a Daily Mail special waiting to happen.
    I'm going to try to pop in later on this week. I'll check out the prices.
    It makes the history of Finsbury Park exhibition at the gallery in Finsbury Park look quite tame. You only get to put a sticker on the map showing where you live.....

It does seem like we're in the wrong business. I can't wait for his next exhibition!
    Like others, I'm impressed by the sheer....volume per piece.

Maybe he's been saving it up.
  • edited January 2008
    not at 3 a week. surely your body has some kind of cut-off/full system thing going on?