The camp outside Tesco....

Comments

• I really dont care anymore, I dont want my kid to have to walk past people who are shooting up in the street. Fuck them I only care about me and mine now.
  • <P>r&j - this thread had been quiet for  months until you bumped the thread so i dont know why you are saying you are stepping away now as you can see it going round in circles.  you bumped the thread you pillock....</P> <P>charming Detritus - at least you are clear on your postion on this.You quite simply don't give a sh-t...</P> <P>I've had a gutfull of some of the opinions of some of the people on this forum... </P>
  • <p>Like you said this is a public forum and there might be opinions that you dont like, such is life.</p>
  • Zero tolerance for junkies. Toxic. I speak as someone who has 3 friends over the years who went wrong. Only one alive now. All needed firmer treatment thsn they got from liberal 'twats' (your word, your lie ChisN4) . And they are totally offensive doingbit in a public street. Where are the police when we need them? Chang
  • R&JR&J
    edited March 2012
    @chrisn4 you're name calling again. I added to this thread as people get annoyed when new threads are added when things have already been discussed. You're coming across as a troll. If you want to make this discussion personal then meet with me for a beer and we'll see how you are without a keyboard
  • <P>you are calling me a troll - that's name calling,the words pot ,kettle and black spring to mind...</P> <P>"ive had a gutfull" as mike dickin (rip) used to say in the days when his health was not in question..</P> <P>no need to get threatening matey...grow up and stop being so immature...</P> <P>next... </P>
  • The camp outside St. Pauls gets evicted, but the camp outside Tesco remains.<br><br>In my opinion, both have the right to camp where they like. It's behaviour towards other people that should determine whether you can stay or not.<br><br>If anyone shoots up in public outside a local shop, they need their arses kicked, or their heads pissed on, preferably by several people at the same time (pissing), (only one person needed for the arse kicking).<br>
  • I wonder if StroudGreen.SNT have ever had words with them, when they're not busy harrassing people, and kids walking their doggies around the neighbourhood, in case the doggies make a mess on the pavement. Maybe all dog owners should take their dogs to Tesco, and let them shit all over the pavement there.<br>
  • ...anyway, I can't hang around here talking shit all day! :-)<br>
  • Unfortunately with the cuts to services the sight of people shooting up is just going to get more common. 
  • if only people would think more, before ruining their lives. It's a sad situation.<br>
  • Two people were recently served with anti social behaviour orders banning them from Stroud Green Road and surrounding roads. As a result of this, the 'camp' outside Tesco has disappeared.
  • Nice one. you've just increased your street cred in my book.
  • Well, it's not surprising and from a NIMBY point of view I'm quite pleased to see the 'camp' disappear.<br><br>Just out of curiosity, though, I'm interested to know what the legal procedure has been. Could StroudGreen.SNT explain?  Did police act on their own initiative after making observations, or perhaps reading the heated debate here?     Or did there have to be a specific complaint?    Were Islington Council involved because of a breach of some kind of local by-law / no-street drinking rule?<br><br>As I say, just curious, since as far as I know this is the first Stroud Green Asbo.<br><br>Now let the debate roll on and on as to whether this has been justified or not, whether it is a good or a bad outcome, whether authorities have overstepped their powers, if it has just exported the problem to someone else's neighbourhood etc etc......I wonder where they've set up camp now?<br><br><br>
  • Well I think that's great news.  I hope it hasn't just made them move elsewhere to do the same thing, but that it was maybe the push they needed to get some help to sort themselves out.  It would be nice if that were the case.
  • Well done SNT. This was much needed and we are grateful. Chang.
  • thanks to old bill and the council ... hope these 2 get the help they deserve for stopping taking drugs..good luck to them n be lucky... 
  • They seem to have relocated to the Nat West/bus shelter on Seven Sisters road. 
  • The ASBO was obtained by the Islington Anti Social Behaviour team after complaints from local residents and shops. Police Officers and Staff from both Islington and Haringey provided evidence to Highbury Corner Magistrates Court who issued the order which is to run for three years. The Police's first approach will always be to offer to help and support people in conjuction with local councils and other agencies however when all else fails, legislation will be utilised, as in this case.
  • Thanks for the information.<br>
  • The heroin addict was back on Albert Road this morning. This time sleeping between two parked cars
  • Which one? They're all smackheads!
  • Yes I saw her on my way to work. Poor lady. It was quite cold last night.
  • Unfortunately, some people choose to live like that. That's the evil of drug addiction. She probably has a flat, and would rather rent it out to get money for drugs, than live comfortably in it. Some people will refuse help if offered it, and some will fleece you for every penny you have, like that blond haired rent boy on SGR.<br>
  • <i><b><font color="#ff0000">Blond haired rent boy on SGR?</font></b></i><br>
  • yeah, haven't seen him around for a few weeks, but he walks up and down asking for money, used to say he was homeless, and always has some bullshit story about how he's been off drugs, but will be back on 'em if he can't get the train fare to get to his rehab centre. he literally is a pain in the arse!<br>
  • He worked in Woody's and used to go to the Sugar Lounge jumper nights. Ain't seen him since. This was a year ago. Chang
  • I think you might have the wrong person, I don't think that bloke has done a days work in his life. 2 rent boys on SGR!!! He says his name is Richard.<br>
  • The lady on Albert Road is still camped between two parked cars - I walked along there earlier with my family and I was saying how beautiful the blossom is, and she joined in the conversation - made me jump out of my skin as I hadn't seen her!  Seems like quite an odd place to camp really, she might get run over by accident if the car owners don't realise she's there.
  • When i saw her she would have been hard to miss. She seemed to have made a camp there