[...]

Comments

• The elephant on Mount Pleasant Crescent
  • Love that elephant!
  • Hmm, is the Stroud Green Covered Reservoir the one on FPR that has no public access due to safety concerns?  If so, it's hard to see how an area that is closed to the public is being claimed to be of community value....<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hmm, you're braver than me; those gates are pretty big, if I'm remembering them correctly...<br>
  • edited April 2012
    @Roy: One of its community values is the fact it creates local open space that offers a unique vantage point ove London ... I often go up there to the railings on Mount View Road for time and space to gather my thoughts, day or night, while pondering the immensity of our city, and I for one would miss it. So far I have missed witnessing Misscara's occasional outdoor frolics ... but that too makes it community space and rather fun ... and I am sure that - in the spirit of community - she and her gentlemen friends take home any used (how shall we say) bits-n-bobs ... well, it always seems pretty spic and span.
  • I wish they'd turn the reservoir green in to a proper park for us. That would be cool. Also, the parkland walk is a protected nature reserve yes? I'm sure plenty of developers would love to steam roll that and shoehorn a load of housing onto it. Be a shame if it were to go. The shop fronts on SGR, Ferme Park Road and Crouch Hill could do with a major makeover, but I suppose that's a different issue.
  • I'm sure u saw MC doing same in Wray Cres park including cider. Actually it looked like Scott Mills was the shakin stan, he lives there i think. Spring fever ? Chang
  • The cricket pavilion in Wray Cres, old library, charter court garden square, woodfall road park, rainbow theatre/church, Rowans ,dairy pub murals, school playgrounds, refugee centre in Leeds place - all community assets . Chang
  • That's some crazy post at 7.46 Chang.
  • I do miss the Old Library if  Chang means Arthur Simpson Library.  One of the librarians had  an amazing taste in music and he made sure there was some amazing obscure music in the CD library.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't think there is a reservoir under there. It's people in white coats holding glowing material with forceps.
  • Like in Half Life?<br>
  • Yeah. They're making half life 3 down there I know it.
  • I have to say, the first time I walked past the reservoir, it really intrigued me.  A piece of grass, but closed off with anonymous "keep out - danger of death" notices, and vents in the ground that clearly indicate some kind of underground structure.<br><br>It's strangely anonymous - no indication on any of the signage what it is, or who owns it.  Nothing, not even a contact telephone number.<br><br>I certainly did imagine it was some kind of secret military facility :)<br><br>roy<br><br><br>
  • I actually thought I had been sucked through a portal to Xen the other day, but then realised I was just in the Nicholas Nickleby.
  • "Yeah. They're making half life 3 down there I know it."<br><br>Somebody ought to be.  Where the hell is it?  Or Even Half Life 2: Episode 3?<br>
  • The Nickleby is more like something out of Ravenholm.<br>
  • It's where they keep the aliens. The 'reservoir', not the Nickleby, although I've never been in the latter. There may well be aliens there too.<br>
  • @arkady I don't know. They gave up in the episodic thing years back and said they'll only announce anything (about anything) when it is 'more baked'. It would def be an asset of community value.