Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Woodberry Down

So looks like last night Hackney councillors gave outline approval for the next phases (3 to 8) of the Woodberry Down estate renewal, the also gave detailed approval of phase 2.  This does right up to Finsbury Park/New River to the north and east, down to the reservior to the south.<br><br>The outline application includes <br>- 3,500 new homes (i can't actually find the current figure but I think it is considerably less)<br>- 62% private and 38% affordable<br>- conversion of Seven Sisters road from 6 to 4 lanes (2 of which will be bus lanes)<br>- potential for 92m high towers (I make this about 30 floors - and is considerably taller than the current new tower at Woodberry Down) NB I may be mis-reading the planning application on this and getting my AOD confused<br><br>The detailed application includes:<br>- 670 new homes<br>- 20 storey tower<br><br>This development will change the feel around Manor House massively.<br><br>If you want to see pretty pictures: <br>http://idox.hackney.gov.uk/WAM/doc/Other-406891.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=406891&location=VOLUME1&contentType=&pageCount=1<br><br>;

Comments