Artist Light Installations for Stroud Green and Seven Sisters bridges

edited March 2014 in Local discussion
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.allchangearts.org/leading-lights-in-finsbury-park/</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-GB">11-15 March 2014, John Jones Project Space – LEADING LIGHTS exhibition – of concept designs for a new public art lighting scheme for the Seven Sisters Road and Stroud Green Road Bridges in Finsbury Park.Featuring proposals by Morag Myerscough, Peter Freeman, Martin Richman and Ron Haselden.<o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-GB">The show is part of All Change’s work as Creative Producer for a new arts and regeneration programme – the Finsbury Park Creative Hub working in partnership with local arts companies including Park Theatre and John Jones.</span></p></div>

Comments

• Remind me what time the exhibition is open?
  • Its open 11am-6pm Thurs and Fri, then 11am-3pm on Saturday
  • Popped in last night after work. Three of the four looked pretty impressive to me. Some clever use of lights, and in the Myerscough proposal some quite cool use of tiles. Definitely worth a look.<br><br>They also have a scale-model of how Finsbury Park will look in a few years (the same one that they had at the Finsbury Park Accord exhibition) so people can see it and rejoice/be reassured/despair depending on their temperament and prejudices.<br>
  • I will go and have a butchers.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I'd vote for a combination of 2 proposals.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Moragh </font><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><font face="lucida grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, tahoma, sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 20px;">Myerscough for daytime. tiles for aesthetics and potential for community participation and for the daytime. I may have mis-read her proposal, but couldn't see anything about lights!?</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><font face="lucida grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, tahoma, sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 20px;">Peter Freeman's for night-time and dark days. </span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><font face="lucida grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, tahoma, sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 20px;">Love imitation train lights and the idea of changing colours to reflect the seasons. Though no pink for Valentines Day please!</span></font></span></div>
  • Another vote for Morag. Good exhibition btw - more please.
  • Yes Morag's was the most interesting, but isn't that because she seems to have ignored the brief (lighting) and focused on the walls? Made me think that it's a bit tough for the designers to come up with a proposition without being part of a wider plan. Personally I think they should get rid of the cycle path, the wider pavement would be a bit more friendly and make it more possible for a lighting scheme to relieve the gloom. Nice to see the model. That City North tower is going to be tall!