Driving to Kent from Stroud Green

I have to drive to Kent next Friday afternoon leaving here about 4.30pm, I feel it would be madness to try to drive through London and the Blackwall Tunnel but the is my longer route via the North Circ, M11 and M25 equally stupid? I just hate sitting in traffic. My experience of driving in and around London is pretty minimal so hopefully someone can make suggestion!

Comments

• I don't think there's a good answer to this one, unfortunately! It is madness by any route. If you can leave earlier - even an hour earlier - it would help a bit; but driving out of London on Friday afternoon just does mean sitting in traffic.<div><br></div><div>I take North Circ round to the A13, then out to the M25, to go to Kent. There will be queues - especially for the crossing. But it is a bit more direct than the M11. </div>
  • north circ, m11 and m25 is, oddly, quite a good way with the huge caveat of the dartford crossing on a friday afternoon - though it is electro toll rather than cash toll so might be quicker... <div><br></div><div>however, hackney and b/wall tunnel on a friday afternoon are also dire. there is no escape</div><div><br></div><div>get the train!</div>
  • At that time it's Catch 22. Check the traffic and go for what you think is best based on that.<div><br></div><div>If you leave early in the morning, at night or at a quieter time at the weekend, the Blackwall tunnel option is definitely best. At busy times though it can take ages - and as Verga says often that's the getting through Clapton / Homerton bit.</div><div><br></div><div>One thing to bear in mind is that even when the roads are clear it only actually saves about ten minutes doing the Blackwall Tunnel route over the M25, even though getting to the M25 feels like you are going miles out of your way.</div>
  • Thanks for the advice, I'm a bit constrained with times I can leave so I think I'll go on North Circ and then check traffic for M11 vs A13.
  • Hi,<br><br>here are some maps you may find interesting for Kent.<br><br>Kind regards<br><br>https://sites.google.com/site/philopenshaw/maps