Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Easter foliage

I want to put some branches of pussy willow or similar in a vase to hang some coloured Easter eggs on. Does anyone know anywhere I can get some in the Stroud Green area? e.g. Finabury Park or the Parkland Walk. None of the florists seem to have any.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Don't think I've seen any, and I'm out most days walking. There's Hawthorne and blackthorn in flower, but not much else. Last year I got some at ALexandra park but it was a bit later in March or possibly April.
  • Bit early for pussy willow. M&S on Holloway Rd sometimes have it as do Morrisons.
  • I saw some on Hampstead Health.  If you go down the track next to the ladies pond, to the end where the barrier is, then go right into the field opposite the Stock pond and aim for the far entrance to Athlone Gardens closest to Kenwood House.   Before the entrance you'll see a massive frothy clump of it in the field covered in bees.   The lower branches are going over a bit.<div><br></div><div>The only trouble is, Hampstead Heath is full of bye laws, policed by people who love ticking you off for all sorts of things, having dogs off the lead chasing rabbits as well as picking leaves, stems or berries.   Go when it's quiet is best.    </div>