Best espresso in Stroud Green?

I've started giving myself a lift by drinking a double espresso twice a day.

Where is the best espresso in Stroud Green?

Including consideration of the smaller bars, restaurants and new places, as well as the established coffee shops like Common G and the place at the traffic lights, price, and availability of seating that is more comfortable than a plank. Thank you.

Comments

• But first coffee is pretty legit, although I would have to venture to Big Joe's or Sable D'Or for pastries.
  • On LukesG's note there is a coffee roaster next to Big Jo's who coffee is lovely, they also have a cafe and you can buy freshly roasted beans which is pretty special (and pricey)

https://www.theroastingshed.com/
  • Went past But First Coffee thismorning.

I certainly give it eight out of ten for the espresso, eight out of ten for service, eight out of ten for ambience (no traffic) but this morning, only five out of ten for comfort (nowhere available to sit - all occupied - but a very pleasant shady bench just down the street). Good for train trips from Harringay Station
  • I love what they've done with the public space there, though I wish it could be extended.
  • There's already been an extension of the no parking area on that short stretch, however certain businesses who shall not be named (but their dilapidated nature gives the two away) have resisted attempts to make the spot more people friendly.

Unfortunately the local councillors are still in the car headspace and don't really want an LTN or a change in the parking regs (at the moment 12-2 means a lot of non-residents park their cars overnight in our area) and before you ask how I know that, I had six month of very free time to enjoy curtain twitching and pram walks.
  • I tried The Roasting Shed (next to Big Jo, Hornsey Road) this morning. Yes excellent coffee, and not far from Wray Crescent Open Space.

So: double espresso nine out of ten, service eight, ambience six (on street, noisy, sparse interior), comfort six (seats reminiscent of school canteen).

Curious how The Roasting Shed is empty but Big Jo is full, presumably reflects high quality of the BJ bread and patisserie, trumps the coffee. Pity they couldn't merge. Next?

• edited August 2021
    PlanB, old station house, bottom of Crouch Hill.

Good addition to the area. Pretty nice coffee I thought served in modernist heatproof tableware, decent sunny (when lit....) outside tables if a little close to the road, though a nice view of wall art opposite and good for people-watching running for trains.

The whole roasted cauliflower has to be eaten to be believed. Very good and tasty dinner menu.

Coffee eight, staff nine, ambience nine, comfort seven