Comments

• Funnily enough I noticed the new floodlights in the tennis courts last week and the (I think) new stuff in the sunken playground, that along with the Mckenzie Gardens upgrade made me wonder if they actually are ploughing the profits back into the park.
  • These oversized events mean that half of the park is fenced off for weeks and weeks in the summer when it’s needed the most, cause damage, anti social behaviour disrupt our transport and local businesses so no Thankyou. Organisers have been prevented from doing this elsewhere but they see our park as easy pickings - local opposition foes seem to be growing.
  • The council seem to be quite transparent on what it charges for use of the park for events. Have a look here
    https://www.haringey.gov.uk/sites/haringeygovuk/files/fees_charges_april_2022_march_2023.pdf
  • It seems very cheap - rough maths and I may be wrong, but a two day festival with two days of setup and one to pack up would be just over £11k.

If its a two day festival selling 10,000 tickets at £100 each, £11k seems very low for venue hire.

I've been to more expensive weddings.