Outdoor worship = antisocial behaviour?

edited July 2008 in Local discussion
OK, start as i mean to go on. No sooner said hello in the newbies thread than i'm starting a new topic. and it is: Are there 2000 evangelical ghosties at the end of my garden? or is it an actual outdoor congregation? It builds to a crescendo on a Saturday afternoon that has me shouting 'SHUT UP!' and the cat crying. I don't think they're praying in English. It sounds like it might be an African church. But i can't see the folk or tell exactly where they are.

Now i'm not sure of the netiquette here. Should i identify my street? Or should i just say that if you have a fox problem and live somewhere in the rectangle defined by Hornsey Rd / Hanley / SGR / Tollington, you're in my manor? Yes, that's what i'll do.

Tinker

Comments

• edited 8:31PM
    i think that they're on Leeds Place, off Upper Tollington and down the way a bit, in the same little complex as the London School of Capeoira.
    Not the red brick church opposite the top of Evershot Road on Hanley Road? The congregation dress in every colour of the rainbow and the bells start calling each Sunday at 10:00am on the dot.
  • LizLiz
    edited 8:31PM
    I agree with Andy - I think it's something in Leeds Place. I used to live in Turle Road, which is the one after Leeds Place towards Hornsey Road, and I used to hear something similar (though not loud enough to make me cry). If you stand in Turle Road and look towards SGR, there are a load of knackered looking warehouse buildings, which must be in the middle of the square between Turle Road/Thorpedale/Marriot Road/TP. I occasionally saw a lot of men in white going in to one of them up a big iron staircase. No idea what denomination though.
    We often have a religious type parade up Granville.
    Right, sorry, started that and then wandered off, forgot i had joined a thrilling new forum, did loads of work and got backache. Anyway, i wasn't here at the weekend enough to assess whether there was loud outdoor worship again, nor to investigate the propositions you have posted here, dear neighbours. Men in white going up a big iron staircase sounds quite mysterious. I think i should cycle round the next time it happens, focusing on these sites. Weirdly i dreamt that i found the answer but woke up to realise it was still unsolved.
    And we have a trumpeter who practices during the day and once a year has a garden jam session lasting well into the evening.