Firezza

edited August 2008 in Reviews
Looks like we have new pizza house to replace the Codfather:

http://www.firezza.com/new/locations.html

Looks slightly expensive: perhaps because we are now officially in Crouch End? Still, I think good news overall: has anyone been to one of their other branches?

Of course, ideally I had been hoping for a cafe to provide me with a bacon butty while I wait for the W3 and somewhere to drink cups of tea with the missus. Oh well, there's always Starbucks over in "Stroud Green depths" ...

Comments

• edited 11:05PM
    OoOoh I had just noticed work going on there this week , i was hoping it would remain a takeaway in some forum so guess cant complain to much , will give it a try.

Looks like they will have the 'off licence' at kens old store open soon too, they were stacking the shelves tonight.
  • edited September 2008
    Cool!

Firezza from St Pauls Road has always arrived at my house stone cold
    Tried it out over the weekend - yes it is a bit expensive, but as they are currently doing a 25% discount (special offer 'cos its new like)= quite cost effective. Not too bad actually, I really enjoyed my chorizo pizza.
    Tucked in to a gorgeous 1/2 metre pizza last night from Firezza - highly recommended.
    The "Firezza" pizza is also great. Let's hope they hang around for a while.
    The best thing for all those on the upper east side is that, for collection, they have a flat rate 7 quid at all times for all either 12 inch or quarter metre. So you can pop in and order then have a half in the NN while you're waiting.
  • @SimonB - Is the 25% discount only on collection orders? I'm a bit lazy....
    No, that's the best bit, it includes take-aways! (Make sure you mention the 25% when you place your order*)

*No I'm not on commission
    Just tried the pizzas.... really quite disappointing. Much too doughy - if you hold up a slice of pizza it should collapse, not stay stiff. It's a pizza, not a squashed ciabatta bread. And a distinct lack of charring on the edges too. Plus I thought they were quite mean with their toppings, which were also of quite average quality (the goats cheese was actually quite unpleasant - really soapy - and I ended up having to cover the entire pizza in quite a lot of Mexican garlic oil), and the bufalina had just a few small pats of buff. mozz. It's just about ok with the 25% off, but there's no way I'm paying full price for pizza that average - Pappagone is definitely closer to the real thing, despite the cheap toppings.
    Mind you, you might not want to take me that seriously - I am borderline obsessive in my quest for good pizza.
    Oh Colette, not the 'real pizza' debate again.
    It's not a debate, it's a critical appraisal.
    "If you hold up a slice of pizza it should collapse" Sounds like you are trying to define pizza.
    Oh Tosscat.
    Oo la la Colette.
    The key here is delivery. I'm not going to say Firezza is better than Porchetta or Papagone ... but when it comes to being lazy and wanting pizza brought to my door, I don't know of a better option.

Certainly better than the rubbish corner pizza places and cheaper/better than Dominos.
  • AliAli
    edited 11:05PM
    If you try and order on their web site using an N4 Postcode it seems to get delivered form St Pauls Rd which I believe means it might turn up being a bit cold. According to Mat.

Shame the Project Management on the shop opening doesn’t seem to have updated the Website
    They also refused to believe that a caprino was £9.90 rather than £10.90, despite the fact that we were reading the prices off their website as we spoke to them. Eventually they "agreed to give us £1 off", which irritated me.
    The site isn't up to date, they haven't sorted their booze license yet and the kitchen just doesn't seem prepared. They may only have been open a few days but its just not good enough, bring back the disused retail unit. It doesn't even _collapse_ god damn it.
    Ok, look, I can't make out the tone of the post, so if I'm throwing my toys out of the pram for no good reason, I'm sorry. All I did was post a review of the the bloody place. I gave my opinion on the pizza. If we're only allowed to post positive reviews, what's the point?? All I did was explain WHY I didn't like their pizza. Some people might like their pizza doughy in which case they should get their pizza from there - I'm not saying they're mad for liking it that way, I'm just saying that I don't like it that way.
    Right, there we go. I feel better now.
    Do you like it like that....?
    You got it like that.
    surely the more doughy the pizza, the more likely it is to collapse?
    £11.40 for pizza on delivery menu, includes free delivery
    £7.00 for take away.
    Billed as Crouch End branch yet is in N4

Trading Standards?
  • AliAli
    edited 11:05PM
    Think it is principally set up as a delivery service targeted at “posh” Crouch End but takes advantage of the cheaper rents in Stroud Green

Hopefully they have got their strategy right and it is based on demand they have seen from the area in the St Paul’s Road branch
    I miss that disused retail unit. That was back when, man. Back when this area was real, man. I used to love that disused retail unit.
    Don't worry Andy, there are lots of other disused units. And Hanoi grill hasn't opened yet.
    Don't forget floorspace!
    the newspaper covering the window in Hanoi grill is beginning to go a bit yellow at the edges.
    Hanoi Grill:

The web domain is registered to the address of this restaurant off Kingsland Road
    <a href="http://www.hanoicafe.co.uk/">http://www.hanoicafe.co.uk</a>;
    Presumably they are planning a sister restaurant.
    That is top notch google-stalking. I doff my cap sir.