Firezza

2»

Comments

• edited 8:15PM
    Hanoi Cafe is pretty good, IIRC
    Had another delivery this week (I really can't be bothered to cook after football on a Wednesday) and decided to give Firezza another go.

I have to say I was disappointed. The base of the pizza was so salty that it totally detracted from the topping.

I'm still a Porchetta fan, but I still need to find a good pizza delivery for those occasions when I just cba to leave the house. Can anyone give a recommendation?
    I think Il Bacio on Blackstock Road deliver - lovely pizza
    can't agree with Il Bacio - it's pretty average and the last time they delivered, they were super-late, the topping had fallen off the pizza, which was also cold, and they were very cross when we refused to pay.
    Following years of trial and error, I think Lupa is probably the best of an average bunch if you want delivery, Pappagone if you want to eat in or collect (but keep away from the Quattro Formaggi).
    Oh - that's bad. I've only eaten there, and the pizza has been great every time
    If you don't like Firezza I think you're right about Lupa, but it's nice if they could be arsed to take the stalks off their thyme. Speaking of thyme, did anyone see the Come Dine With Me celebrity special where [Lee Ryan](http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/whogives.htm) kept pronoucing it with a 'th' rather than a 't' - quite hilarious.
    After starting this thread I have now finally ordered a pizza from Firezza.

My wife said, "it was ok", my son once eventually motivated to comment, "it was nice because it had peppers on it and I liked the crust" and my view - good quality chicken and tasty pesto, but a little dry.

So overall, a positive but unimpressive experience. Handy, though ...
    Thought we'd give it a go tonight - on phoning them was told the 25% off deal 'finished 2 weeks ago' - despite there not being an end date specified on the voucher I have... 'advertising standards' ? It's also now £7.90 for a pick up, yes a whole 90p! Times are tough afterall.

Any hoo...better go & pick up the pizza I ordered (FROM PAPPAGONES).