Tailors

edited October 2009 in Local discussion
Can anyone suggest a decent tailor round here (doesn't have to be SG) that they would trust enough to do alterations to their wedding suit?

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited 7:12PM
    I would perhaps try Image-I on Fonthill Road - they are a tailors and dry cleaners. They did some very fiddly alterations to a pair of curtains for me and I think they do lots of wedding dresses. Alternatively, try Sew in Crouch End, on Park Road in the parade just before Banners. They only do alterations and definitely have a small changing room in the shop so you can try on the things they have altered. There is also another alternations place in Crouch End which has just opened near the All Bar One on the CE end of Crouch Hill - can't remember what it's called though.
  • edited 7:12PM
    We've used Sew several times for alterations. They're not cheap compared to the local dry cleaners of SGR but the quality of their work is in a different league.
    I can also recommend Image on Fonthill Road. They have done various bits of tailoring for me (mainly vintage dresses) and while they are not cheap they do an excellent job (and now have a fitting area). As Liz said, they seem to do lots of suits and wedding dresses.
    brilliant, thanks all. think I'll try Image and I'll let you know the outcome.
    Image did a great job; lovely lady and great service. I'll be going back with a suit. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • LizLiz
    edited 7:12PM
    Glad it worked out - and best wishes for the wedding!
    Also looking for alterations for a suit, definitely want quality over price. Currently looking at Image, as it's just up the road. Just wanted bump this thread in case anything has changed in the last 18 months? I noticed that Image on Fonthill Road has had quite a facelift recently.
    I haven't needed anything done for a while but it is still the same lady in there.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    D'you think that's her real name? Fabulous coincidence as Minerva is the goddess of weavers and crafts.