Black Swan - 3pm @ Islington Vue....did anyone see the fracas at the end?

2»

Comments

• edited 1:21PM
    Ha. Yes I'm from there too. I just say Romford as others don't know the Heath. I backed onto the fields in Kings Ave before the London Road takes you into Romford.

I've gone all misty eyed.
    Curiouser and curiouser, I grew up in Sylvan Avenue, my mum still lives there!
    How awesome. You were on my paper round if nothing else.
    The chap who sits next to me at work is born, bred and still lives in Romford. Our office is round the corner from Upper street, so I put it to him. He said, "in no way is Upper street like Romford". However when I explained the discussion, he thinks some locals may have escaped Romford and found their way into the Vue cinema in the N1 centre.
    The N1 centre and The Brewery were separated at birth. I'd suggest the bars in the middle of Upper Street on a Saturday night aren't that far off the string of shitholes along South Street. Its not a perfect analogy but its damning enough of what's happened to Upper Street over the last decade.
    David, I'm coming round to your point of view. At least Upper St doesn't yet have anything as bad as the godawful hellmouth that was Hollywoods. Do you remember Five Star posing around the (now vanished) fountains before they had their five minutes of fame?
    What happened in the cinema??? I was there too and the eruption at the end was almost as disturbing as the film itself. 'You shall have my tongue!' has become something of a catchphrase in my household. Alas, I think we'll never know what caused such a performance...
    @miss annie - David is always talking about five star
    Hollywood's (and its demise) actually reinforces the analogy. I can't remember the name of the club but it opened almost opposite the Sainsbury's at the bottom of Liverpool Road. Wasn't open long, three or four floors, the Blue Note moved there from Hoxton briefly. Think it got busted and shut down. Similar vibe and story to Romford's own Hollywoods methinks.

N1 == RM1
    5 Star > Jackson 5.