Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Front Yard Sale

valval
edited June 2011 in Local discussion
On weekend of 25th/26th June (11am-4pm), my friend Ming is having her annual front garden sale in Connaught Road. She always has a wide range of things to sell, from bags to bric-a-brac and various household items. I'll be selling plants. It's a good way to meet neighbours, too. Look out for the yellow posters going up in a few days.

Comments

• edited 1:12PM
    Hi Val, I bought a couple of plants from Ming (or was it you?) last year, and very well they are doing too. I've got some young tomato plants I need to get rid of, do you want them? And does the money go to charity, or do you just spend it on booze and sweets? I don't mind either way, just interested...
  • valval
    edited 1:12PM
    emine, Sorry, I have only just seen your message. Glad your plants doing well. Ming says she gives her takings to Red Cross. I keep my small profit! Thanks for offer of tomato plants. I wonder if they were the ones Ming had on display today? She did sell some. If you still have yours, you could put them by your gate with a note saying "Help Yourself". I do that with some things and they always go eventually.