Chess anyone?

13»

Comments

• I'll DM you.  Basically up for a mid-week game if you are, but not this week.
  • @ you others.<div><br></div><div>I enjoyed my game with Krappy, who is improving by leaps and bounds. Do not pay too much attention to his modesty, nor to his flattery. I am not improving at all. I get by on one or two things I have learnt, plus a few stale routines from my past. </div><div><br></div><div>Ah well, it's good fun, and I have enjoyed enjoyed putting real names to made-up monikers. I wonder who Sutent really is...</div>
  • Comprehensively beaten by Krappy last night. I couldn't cope with his relentless attacking. @chekski you have to teach me some skills
  • A most enjoyable evening spent with @Sutent indeed. I am told I am very aggressive. News to me. *Rolls up sleeves.* Next?
  • With pleasure, Sutent - insofar as I have any to teach. Why don't you skip the football one Monday, and join us at the W B Yeats? Not for me to say, but I wouldn't object to that very congenial hostelry becoming the official venue of the SGCC (work it out). I gather the real ale is superb, and Arkady liked the old-fashioned 50s music - but I'll pass on that one. Hardly any other punters, too, which pleased me, although one felt sorry for the management. The enterprise will surely take off soon, though: this place is top of the league. Are you listening, Detritus? 2 steps from your gaff, I believe. And surely not too far for Dion and JMcG... and anyone else who fancies a game. No women, so far; in fact, there never have been, in my circle(s). Is it a bloke's game? Can't think why, if so.
  • I will chase @Detritus out of the house with a broom next Monday and make sure he joins you! The WB Yeats always seems quiet on a Monday, but certainly getting busier the rest of the week. Good for them, it looks lovely now.
  • No chess for you, Miss Annie? I think we have 4 sets now, so plenty of room for more players. Or perhaps you and some of your gang would like to knit, at the next table? Before I am accused of sexism, I will now admit that I am, or was, no mean knitter myself. STUNNED SILENCE. Mind you, I was 14 when I last knat. It was a jersey, and took me a year, by which time it was too small. Months and months of laborious stocking stitch.. no wonder I gave up.
  • The kitchen is closed on a Monday, which is no doubt a factor.
  • @chekski - Ok I will try and look into missing football. I only play once a week now so its a hard thing to give up for me. WB yeats is perfect for me as I live at the end of Moray Rd. I look forward to sharpening my chess skills
  • Good. Tomorrow, perhaps, Sutent? And how about you others? Or does the Bank Holiday make it a no-no?
  • Am afraid am off to park theatre tomorrow m if you go with Rowan arts its pay what you can. Thursday?
  • Are you going to the theatre today or tomorrow, Sutent? Chess has so far been on a Monday. Today is Monday. Krappy? Arkady? Detritus, even?
  • Am going theatre on Tuesday. I can't make tonight (Monday)
  • I will attempt to struggle through the rain as far as the WBY, if anyone is going to be there.  What time?
  • He beat me, the rotten so-and-so! Well, we agreed on a draw. The thing is, Krappy is getting better and better, whereas poor old Checkski is doing the other thing. Well done, pardner. No-one else, I was not surprised to discover, in this unspeakable weather, although the pub was quite full. Monday night is also poker night at the WBY, from now on, I think, and there are sometimes as many as 20 of them.
  • Chess tonight 6.30 WBY if anyone cares to join.<div><br></div><div>No experience necessary (I have zilch).<br><div><br></div><div>As some of existing chess players can't do Monday some other night will also be arranged if anyone interested.</div></div>