What would you do if you ran Finsbury Park and had unlimited money?

2»

Comments

• <div>@kreuzkav - have you seen Vertical Hour yet?  I caught it on Saturday.  Really enjoyed it - excellent performance from Peter Davidson and an utterly stunning and captivating one from Thusitha Jayasundera.  Finlay Robertson though was pretty limp (even limper than he was supposed to be), and I thought that the play itself didn't amount to much.  I just didn't make me think.</div>
  • I too think what we need most of all is more parkies - to keep the place clean, keep an eye on what''s going on and making the whole park feel cared for  - then others would feel they should look after it too. An more permanent outdoor music space and open air cinema would be great.<div>The lake, the rock area and the older play area (with the big single structure) all need a significant refresh/redo to be made to feel more engaging and interesting areas again. They're all very tired and run down. </div><div><br></div>
  • @ Arkady.  I haven't seen the production down at the Park but I saw an earlier production, probably 8 years ago. A friend had a role in it.  It wasn't that good but theatre compared to a good book or film leaves me cold.  The last play I saw was Great Britain, a parody on the the NOW press thing at the Haymarket,. A  friend got a few cheap seats which were a bit uncomfortable.  I found it amusing but obvious.  The Vertical hour was a bit like that from my recollection.<div><br></div>
  • <span style="font-style: normal;">The Park does seem to have an awful lot of middlebrow, issue-led plays. They look like the sort of thing intended to make people think, but which generally would only do so for school trips of kids who've never been to the theatre before, seeming rather obvious to anyone else. Even </span><span style="font-style: italic;">School for Scandal</span> had some 'ah! contemporary relevance!' stuff wedged in, at the expense of time which could have been spent better choreographing the key farce scene. 
  • edited October 2014
    I'd extend the skateboard park onto the waste of space tarmac next to it.<div><br></div><div>Perhaps using half that space for some more tennis courts, a contained football pitch, some climbing wall / rocks, a big paddling pool, or something like that - but mainly building a bigger and skateboard park.</div><div><br></div><div>Floodlights for the tennis courts and skate park area. </div><div><br></div><div>Employing more well-rewarded parkies with a keen interest in gardening and landscapes, as Krappy suggests is a very good idea. </div>
  • A lido would be great.  Would also like to see some sort of community centre for retired people - cheap food, classes, advice, company - instead of that gateway to the hepatic ward, the WLM.
  • I would build an exact replica 50 metres underground, so that when the apocalypse comes we can carry on as normal.
  • As someone said, build a big fountain that actually worked all year round, a rarity in the UK!