Crazy man and Police on Oxford Road/Woodstock Road

We were woken up around 7:30am by loud Reggae music and a man shouting abuse... then about 40 Policemen/women urned up.. then later 4 policemen with guns and riot shields...

Does anyone know what was going on?

just being a nosy neighbour....

Comments

• edited May 2008
    My girlfriend said that same as she made her way to work offensively early via Florence/Woodcock to the station. Couldn't find anything online to confirm the drama.

Then again, we had 20 pigs stormtroop a house opposite recently without any explanation either.
  • edited 9:00PM
    Oink oink - it is like the eighties
    @ David - are you really Vivien from The Young Ones??

There was a lovely police raid on the adjoining block to us on Thursday - word has it there's a guy with an electronic tag lives there who shouldn't have been out.
    no, but has anyone seen Adrian Edmondson's truly shit new comedy show?
    Somehow all this always bypasses Albert rd. I feel I'm missing out.
    @ David - I have had the misfortune, yes. It is truly appalling. I had to hide behind the couch I was so embarrassed. It made Ricky Gervais' sitcom on Extras look both funny and original! And what's the deal with the Japanese guy? I thought racist stereotypes went out with It Ain't Half Hot Mum and Mind Your Language (programmes my mum's told me about by the way!)

What WAS he thinking?
    Probably "I'll get paid whatever I come up with"
    Its just a shame. He's clearly a clever bloke and you just know he could do better.
    I often consider how people who were once capable of great things feel happy enough churning out sub-standard (for them) material. Quite a list! Prince included.
    Sorry to drag up an old one but just noticed this morning that the windows on top floor of house on corner of Oxford/Woodstock are still just sheets of galvanised iron after this incident. I think it involved someone's possessions being turfed out into garden. No domestic worth its salt is without stuff turfed out the window!