New Features!

2»

Comments

• edited 12:20AM
    meh. I'm on IE6 for some reason, baby david. I don't think it happens at home where I use firefox. Does the site work better on Opera now? I could just have a look, no? In fact I shall do that right now.
    I'll go fix it for IE6 regardless tosscat.
    David - after another refresh, the colour is better now - thanks.

(Glad you like the site, and I'm not taking that the wrong way at all. I'm usually disagreeably happy to disagree)
    I seem to be unable to yawn anymore. What's all that about?
    A quick update for the geeky types who like stats. Since we launched v2 of the site, the number of monthly page views has nearly doubled (to over 40,000 per month), unique visitors are up 50% and we've added over 100 new members. We think that about 1% of the local population are registered on the site. However (and this proves how awesome we are) despite nearly doubling the size of the site, we have somehow managed to HALVE the paltry amounts of money raised by the google ads. It has dropped from "really not much" to "hardly worth bothering with". We are awesome at web business.
    How much does it cost to run the site?
    not a lot - basically all the lovely custom coding is done by david, so the only cost is hosting. hosting isn't much, but still more than the abject contribution of the google ads.
    so would you like us to click on the ads every now and then? i do quite fancy downloading an ARP cache fast free in only four steps.
    i also enjoy "power flushing the east midlands"
    I would have dim sum delivered to me if they delivered to N4
    andy: would it make a noticeable difference to the revenue you get from google if we all clicked a couple of sponsored links every day?
    yay? nay?

cos i (and i'm sure others) wouldn't mind doing a bit of link clicking if it helps, even happier not to bother if it don't.
    very kind to offer. i think google terms of service preclude us from asking or encouraging you to click, but if you choose to then we can't stop you!
    *embarks on rigourous physical warm-up in preparation for orgy of clicking*
  • edited March 2009
    Andy couldn't we try reverse psychology on members to get round Google's T&C's?

Click none of the above:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>)
    Brilliant. Another thread ends, as all threads must, at Brewster's Millions
    Can we please have the list of page numbers at the bottom of every page as well as the top? Thanks!
    There are matt, but only when it goes onto a second page, I think its 100 comments per page.