The Noble

Comments

• IanIan
    edited 6:24PM
    I went to the noble last night. No Pegg and Frost.

It was empty for ages but filled up around 8. We had some tapas. Pork was a flaming rip off (and tasted like it had been around a while). One tiny piece for £4. Barman was random - wouldn't let my friends pay seperately for their food as "usually people who are eating run a tab". Turns out it was his first night so how he knew what the routine was is beyond me. In fact given I had been before I could have countered with a "no they don't sunshine".

Other barman must have thought he was a gangsta rapper from LA as he had his jeans below his pants. Aside from my usual thoughts about this fashion, I tend not to want to see someone serving me a drink with their arse hanging out.

Nice enough place. Just don't eat the tapas.
  • edited 6:24PM
    I was in the Noble last night as well! It filled up at 8 I think cos that's when a big group of us set up camp. I feel VERY AGGRIEVED that Simon Pegg wasn't there. He let me down. I hate him now.
    I know of at least three other people associated with this forum who were also in The Noble last night. All very upset that there were no famous people in there.

We also went to kebaberie over road, Mey, for some scran beforehand. Mr Pegg wan't in there either. The food was very good, btw.
    hey guys. chill. the success or failure of a night out doesn't depend on a simon pegg sighting.
    I think Ian has raised an issue here worthy of its own thread. The trend for jeans hanging below pants has got to stop. I see kids struggling to walk due to their crotch hanging round their knees. It's full of wrong.
  • IanIan
    Emma - were you the group with the guy I dubbed the Albino Morrisey? Blond hair and cravat?
    He was an odd character, wasn't he? He was complaining to the barman about something or other. Probably that the ice in his water wasn't cold enough, most likely.

...and he really should also have bleached his eyebrows to match his mop. He looked like he had two dead slugs sat above his eyes.
  • LizLiz
    That barman with the v low slung jeans was working in the Noble last time I went in there. I mean come on, it's Crouh Hill, not Hoxton Square. And how on earth do they stay up?
  • IanIan
    I wouldn't like to speculate.
    The male equivalent of tit-tape?
    Male tit tape. Usually the reserve of pre-op transexuals, subverted by the street to hold jeans up despite themselves. My jesus.
    hey - let's not diss the kids. they have to find their own way. and if that's through asymmetric haircuts and low slung jeans....well, they have to learn their own lessons.
    And whilst I'm on the subject, I was in hoxton square last night - and there was a bloody stag do there. With the stag dressed up as a leprachaun. Where are the cool kids drinking these days?
    I'd say Brick Lane has usurped Old Street in the shit-loud-tinny-music-but-trendy stakes. Anything that requires male tip tape is ripe for ridicule.
    Yes, I was with that chap. Although he left just after I arrived.

Also, we saw the stupid-trousered barman in Tesco yesterday. I did one of those double takes where you think you know someone and should say hello, and then realise you don't actually <i>know</i> them. His trousers were still stupid.
    I was in the Noble on Friday night ... NO SIMON PEGG FFS! Tapas was OK but not great value for money. I hope their regular chef (in Australia sorting out his visa apparently) is back soon.

However, I felt better on Saturday after driving past Simon Pegg just as I drove into Crouch End (at the crossing opposite All Bar One).
    Are all the chefs on the strip from Oz? The one from the Dairy hails from the antipodes I believe.
  • IanIan
    Update: Chef is now back.

Told barmaid to tell him to pull his trousers up. Barmaid is girlfriend. We were in agreement it was wrong. For one night only his pants were not on show. Passed him in street just now. Pants are back.
    I was in the Noble last night - we abandoned our plan to go Larrik because it was SO BAD - some kind of pumping funk tunes, which is of course JUST WHAT EVERYONE WANTS TO HEAR when they're having a pint with their mates. Anyway there was an amazing little doggy in the Noble, made my night. No Pegg though. I am starting to think he doesn't exist in real life.
    Super hands from peepshow was in there on Saturday night....oh and some loser from grange hill and london's burning.......i had a nice night.
    Apparently, it's Super Hans, not Super Hands. But Super Hands sounds better, dunnit.
    I was in on Saturday evening as well - the loser from Grange Hill (and London's Burning) was John Alford ... who my girlfriend admitted to having a naked picture of on her maths book at school.
    ahh. John Alford! that's right....I think he briefly had some kind of appauling singing career as well. He was so trumped by Super Hans (thanks for the correction Emma)
  • edited May 2007
    @Emma, Managed about 20 seconds in the Larrick on Sunday, really loud, really nasty...
    the noble is having a party on saturday night. i have been told that it is not been advertised- oops but they are giving away canapes and maybe a glass of champagne for every one that is there. oh and closing at 2 instead of 12........
    think i may have to check that out
    Maybe it'll take away custom from Karmenz. I *hate* Karmenz.
    The party is/was for the The Noble's first birthday. We went quite early, it was empty. It soon filled up. I hope it's doing well as I much prefer it to the local opposition.
    We were there towards the end - it was quite full. I'm sure they're doing OK and if not we can all chip in to buy it.
    It was pretty busy early doors last night too.