A fun way to get fit for people who hate the gym!

edited July 2008 in General chat
Hi

We are starting a friendly fitness group in Finsbury Park from Tuesday 22nd July. It's called Open Gym - the great outdoor workout and you can see the details here www.opengym.co.uk.

It's a one hour workout in the fresh air. and much more fun than slogging away on a sweaty old treadmill. The first class is Cardio Body Conditioning to tone up those limbs. The classes are relaxed, friendly and open to all. Let me know if you would like to come along jo@opengym.co.uk

Jo

Comments

• edited 7:25PM
    Is this in any way associated with BMF? They have a session at the same time. Though BMF is a lot cheaper. It's £46 a month for unlimited sessions.

Do the classes include motivational bellowing? 'Cause I go especially for the bellowing. And the punishments.
    I'm with RC on this - £10 a class is a bit much.
  • edited July 2008
    Hmmm, I think we have a precedent on newbies doing this sort of thing. Poor old [lizziej](http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/776/haunted-house-tv-programmes-earn-20-talking-about-them/#Item_26) was only trying to give money away and she got banned.
    Total spamage. Virtually flog him immediately.
    Her, I think. You going to be this tough on the newspaper guy too?
    What newspaper guy?

And yeah, I'm equally tough on them all. That is, not very tough; all vitriol and absolutely no power to do anything!
    hedgetrimmer is newspaper guy
  • edited July 2008
    to be fair, jo did email very sweetly and ask if it was OK and I said it was OK
    go on tosscat - it'll do you good.
    Did she pay? Is this advertorial creeping into our own little corner of social media?
    Hello

Interesting feedback :) - bit scared about the threat of flogging - tough lot in Finsbury Park! Open Gym is a less bellowy version of BMF - no army camouflage - but still a good workout. Point taken about the price - I was thinking of making it cheaper - maybe £7.50 per class - at least you can pay as you go whereas with BMF you have to sign up for 3 months. Anyway, sorry if I offended anyone with the notice - didn't mean to.

Best

Jo
    I think its a great idea. They have something for mums in the morning on a Friday outdoor - meeting in the basketball area and you can bring prams.

I might come aswell and will tell my friends.

Most people on here are really receptive to new stuff so dont be put off!

Thanks,

Bridget
    £7.50 is starting to sound more reasonable. I think the point is that you want to be able to afford to go more than once a week if you want, and at £10 a class that's pretty steep. I think classes in FP are a great idea, and if I didn't have a free gym at work with classes then I would be really interested, but would probably be reluctant to pay £40 a month for 4 classes.
    £7.50 sounds much more reasonable.

BMF don't make you sign up for 3 months. It's just that they dismiss the signing up fee if you stay that long. If you're not willing to commit to it, then it's a waste of money, anyway.

I don't understand the booking online thing. I don't plan my days in advance like that.

If you picked a different day (say, Monday or Wednesday), you may get some of the BMF people coming to your thing. Right now if conflicts with one of their sessions.

In general, I think it's a good idea. It's much more fun than going to an actual gym.
    I'm happy to keep going with Wii Fit and the occasional yoga class
    Thanks - that's really useful to get different perspectives - I think I was getting fixated with the pay-as-you-go thing, because I hate gym memberships. But I missed the point that £10 was actually too expensive for people who might want to come regularly.

So I've made all my classes £7.50 and if you book 4 classes before this Tuesday you get 25% off as well. I will try and make that discount a regular feature but I'm changing website at the end of the week so I need to work out how to do it technically on the new site.

Anyway thanks - it's hard to get it right when you're starting out, so it's useful to have other opinions. Is there anyone else here trying to start up a fledgling enterprise who might want to meet up for a coffee to share ideas?

Jo