New Members (very exciting!)

Comments

• edited 5:24PM
    we blocked a bunch of .ru addresses. it's primarily spam control. but normally we can work out what someone is like from the first couple of posts they make. (makes note in file)
    well i'm glad i decided against "I HAVE TO APPLY? DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" as my opening gambit.
    HI all!
    New to the site but have lived for years off SG.
    Had a quick look at the old posts as instructed, and got some qs answered. very tempted to re-start some but probably not a good idea 'cause...chaos!
    actually looking for an IT person, any idea? much obliged.
    brilliant site. laughted aloud more than once. Ciao for now.
    Oh do restart some, it's a good way to instantly tell us what floats your boat.
    great little community space, glad i found it. am a converted FPer for 2 years now, living on Regina Road. :-)
    great little community space, glad i found it. am a converted FPer for 2 years now, living on Regina Road. :-)
    saasha - are you jimmy saville?
    What I want to know is, how do you pronounce Regina Road? Is it Regina as in the Elizabeth Regina, or does it rhyme with Cortina?
  • IanIan
    edited 5:24PM
    I go with Elizabeth R.
    I find it very confusing that Regina Spektor is apparently said 'Rejeena'. I suspect it's just to sound less rude, as with the dumb alternate take on 'Uranus' which in any case only makes it sound like 'urine-ous' instead.
    I'm with tosscat on this. Only been living with Ian on Regina Road for less than a year, but still smile when I have to tell people where I live...
    I'm in the, errr, vagina camp too. But I have wavered on occasions.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Regina Monologues, anyone?
    A rose by any other name.
    I always used to call it Regina as in rhymes with...until i got a cab one day, told him where i lived and he said he didnt know the road. I directed him and when we got there, he exclaimed, "OH! REGINA Road! I thought you said VAGINA Road!"... this happened so often that i started to say Re-Geena instead... which kind of annoys me.
  • CatCat
    I'm a new member who's been lurking for a while and also a resident of Regina Rd for the last few months.

We pronounce it Regina as is Vagina... so much so when we were looking at our flat my boyfriend phoned the agents asking for updates on the flat in Vagina Rd... surprisingly they still let us rent it!
  • IanIan
    Seems there are a lot of us Regina Road people here. We should have a street party ...
    We should start a new discussion board: www.reginaroad.org ???
  • Taking of weird road names, what's with Warltersville Road? Imagine having to spell that to the delivery service every time.
    I like The Regina Monologues. We should get Ennis Road man to go do some door to door short films along Regina Road.
  • AliAli
    The Ennis Street Street sign on the Wall at SG Scholl outside the FF always amuses me !
    I don't live in the area, but found this site 'Googling' to help in my historical researches into London coach operators. Yes, I know I'm sad in some people's eyes, but it's a bit like tracing your family history - it gets addictive!
    Hello,
    I'm new to the site so I thought it only polite to introduce myself. I've lived in the local N postcodes for donkey's years now but I'm new to Stroud Green - Moray Road. I'm afraid I don't have a dog or a cat, just a goldfish. I do have a blog (just for my creative projects, not to witter on about my general mundane activities), if you'd like to have a nosey it's at http://annieopalfruit.blogspot.com/
    I like the Noble, but I've not discovered the Faltering Fullback yet, in fact I didn't know it existed until I read about it on here so thank you all for the tip off, sounds good.
    The site is great, I look forward to joining with the banter and chat.
    Hello, I'm moving to Stroud Green in a month or so. Would be interested in knowing about things to do. Music or book groups, choirs, pub quizzes and anything else where I could meet new people.
    The Faltering Fullback has a quiz on Monday nights but there's always a couple of professional teams that get nearly 100% so if you want to win, you'll probably need to Google the answers on one of those fancy phones.
    If you want to meet new people you could just hang around outside Tesco and talk to people using the cashpoint.
    I'm new to Stroud Green, having moved here from Dalston where I'd lived for about 6 years on and off. What I like about Stroud Green is that it is very dull and not much happens. I also like the Park Walk and the Happening Bagel Bakery pastrami bagels.
    What I don't like is the dog shit and Stroud Green Road.
    Nice idea to make a website though.