New Members (very exciting!)

edited August 2006 in About this site
We have new members!!

One of them owns a dog. This is ace.

The other one may also own a dog, but hasn't told me. This is still OK.

I hope they introduce themselves and enter the debate on whether the crepe stall is a business that we should buy.

Can everyone else pretend that we all post loads on this site please?

Comments

• edited 3:33PM
    Hello

I don't own a dog. Do you have ways of finding out if people do own dogs? This is extremely Intriguing.
    Anyway I guess I am new.
    I'm a little scared this is a bit like the first day of school... without the orange squash.
    Welcome Wassey. Don't be scared. Andy may shout loudest in the playground and assume everyone has a dog because he's got one, but he's actually quite nice. Are you proper N4 local or just curious from a far?
    Oh not so scared now. Thank you.
    I've always wanted a dog but would most likely lose the poor thing.
    I am a proper N4 girl.. graduated up from N8 just recently so new to it's delights.

However I have sampled the waffles.

By the way, how do I get rid of the capitals in my name? Looks like I'm angry. I'm not.
    You are now lower case.
    Ace.

I love the idea of "N4" or "N4-curious".
    I am much happier now I'm a lower case N4-curious
    Hello Wassey.

It's not Andy's dog. It's my dog.

Also, whilst we're on the subject of changing names, can I be Lucy F or Lucyf rather than lucyfenton? Surprising that Andy, with such a common name, gets to be Andy and I, with my less common name, have lucyfenton. As lasquith is thus monikered, can I be just Lucy? Or would this be too confusing for fordster and lasquith and others. Starting to gibber now. Too much chocolate cake and not enough tea.

Maybe I'll even have a nickname. Will have to think of one though.
    You are now Lucy.
    It is important I reckon to be comfortable with ones name.
    I am a little embarrased that mine appears as Wassey, it makes me appear as one of those people that like to be known as their surname but in quirky shortened form..
    Would you like to be known as something else? There's not that many of us, I'm sure your first name is still available.
    Michelle?
    I made it so.
    yeah! Ta!
    David is the God of stroudgreen.org. Or the fairy godmother.
  • LizLiz
    edited 3:33PM
    That makes Andy the wicked stepmother/witch/whatever. Which is about right as he does have a penchant for banning people who disagree with him (Michelle, don't worry, he normally only does this to people he knows quite well).
    We have another new member. I would encourage him to post a hello here. Then we can start googling him.
    Howdie,

Not sure how much info you want from me but here goes.

I don't own a dog :(
    I've lived in stroud green for 1 year - loving it by the way
    Aged 25 with 1 wife & 1 son.

anything else just ask
    welcome danny.
    By the way, had someone contact me on Stroudgreen.com (which is still my site andrew!). Have sent them a note to direct them this way. Can we start a finder's fee type thing? Happy for this finders fee to be that andy has to make tea or walk the dog!
  • edited October 2006
    Finders fee? Tell that to Simple Escapes
    Isn't Simple Escapes some type of scam via AOL in the US?
    Never heard of it
    To which andy never asked for a finders fee
    i think eacy finder's forwarder can be countered for each day you advertised a rival stroud green site, Lucy. And by the way, I tried really hard to sign up to your site as Keanu Reaves but it just kept looping back to the same questions. If you're not gonna let in Keanu, who exactly is the site for?
    it's cos you spelt it wrong. Plus, I have a special site for Keanu! Have replied to you bogus person already! (I have to accept you and when I say yes then you can become a member - I declined)
    This week we're saying "Hello" to two new members - four eyes and doug. Assuming doug can log in now?

Hello!
    Though if they start by reading through this thread, they will be totally baffled.
    hello all. Yes you do indeed have a new user...not too baffled, I'm sure I'll soon get the jist :)
    Cool. Tell us something interesting about yourself. (In a league of gentleman voice) Are you.....local?
    AHA. Are you the same chap whose <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/speckyfoureyes/260800632/">lovely photo</a> of Finsbury Park we have put on the welcome page?