top celeb spot

edited April 2007 in Local discussion
in the Noble. Simon Pegg...

...wearing a hat

Comments

• edited November -1
    Top marks.
  • edited November -1
    Andy - is it worth creating another version of the Directory ... a map where we can tag celebs and where they were spotted!
  • edited November -1
    Ah, a friend saw him in there a few weeks ago as well. Right, I'm going to stake out the place.
  • edited April 2007

I could just add a Celeb category, but I don't want to do that without Overlord Andy's permission as he'll try and ban me again for usurping his authority.

• edited April 2007
    Not being egotistical here - as I don't see it myself - but people often tell me how I look like Simon Pegg. Including a guy who went to school with him. I think it's just that I usually have stubble, glasses and wear a beanie.

I really should finish watching Spaced.
  • edited November -1
    could people be spotting Matt around stroud green? hence accounting for the dispropportionate number of simon pegg spots.
  • edited November -1

@david - maybe we can unfuckup the old one before making a new one.

of course, this is very close to the 'gawker stalker' idea http://www.gawker.com/stalker/

• edited November -1

and whilst I'm on it, let's steal this idea too

http://www.gawker.com/news/shirts/view-slogans-227091.php

"I joined Scientology and all I got was this lousy, short, untalented, over-controlling movie star."

one for David "I have no doubt that your children are extraordinary, but I don't want to hear anything about them."

• edited November -1
    Lucy: sadly I am yet to set foot in The Noble!
  • edited November -1

@andy, what's to unfuck?

• edited November -1
    Walked past Joel Beckett (aka Jake Moon from Eastenders) this morning at Finsbury Park overland station. Not as interesting as Simon Pegg. Let's get a gawker style directory going for Stroud Green!
  • edited November -1

sorry david - i think the map overlay is being bluecoated in the office. it's fine everywhere else.

• edited November -1
    Should have points for taking a photo of them
  • edited November -1
    what's with the @andy, @david stuff? Yet another web protocol thing I'm completely unaware of?
  • edited April 2007
    @lucy - just a way of making sure the person you're replying to in a long thread knows it's you they're referring to...
  • edited November -1
    @lucy @four eyes - Also because vanilla doesn't have a "reply-to" feature built in, and the extension for it sucks.
  • edited November -1
    @four eyes - thank you.

But, why not just say:

lucy - etc.?

Is putting @ more cool?
  • edited November -1
    @ makes it web 2.0
  • edited November -1
    John Simm of Life on Mars was in Budgeons a few weeks back. I know it's not really SG but close enough.
  • edited November -1
    I saw him in WH Smiths in Brent Cross at Christmas
  • edited November -1
    just saw simon pegg smoking a fat cigar at the noble.
  • edited November -1
    Cool - now he`s been spotted drinking there twice I think we can establish that The Noble is his new local ... let the stalking begin ;)
  • edited November -1
    Hahaha!
  • edited November -1
    Did everyone see the C4 programme on Sunday night with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg? Simon Pegg was wearing a CROUCH END tshirt. I got really overexcited and now my boyfriend thinks I fancy Simon Pegg.
  • edited November -1
    I saw it and have now started watching spaced for possible SG sightings.
  • edited November -1
    Spaced was more Tufnel Park IIR
  • edited November -1
    Yep
  • edited November -1
    Double Whammy!

Saw Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in The Noble last night. They managed to sit behind me for over 2 hours without me realising (friend had clocked them but was being "cool") and I only noticed when Simon Pegg came back from the toilet!

I would have spent longer talking about ACTING in a loud voice if I'd known.
  • edited November -1

I'm a bit concerned at the pedestal Mr Pegg seems to have been put on in this forum. It would probably scare him.

• edited November -1
    It scares me, and I only look like him (allegedly)