top celeb spot

Comments

• AliAli
    edited 3:14AM
    Neil Morrisey has also been seen hanging out in The Nobel. I also remember sitting next to him and Adrian Dunbar in the White Lion probably about 15 years ago or so. The White Lion was the trendy pub of the area then. Full of Guardian readers and it even featured in the Sunday Observer as being what a pub of the future would be ! had a picture of the big round table that used to be in there. It went down hill when the Irsh pub that is now Nandos closed and Weatherspoons changed it into a post Macdonald architecture !

For the Nobel you have to thank Weathspoons as they converted in from an Off Licence into Marlers Bar, it used to get absolutely packed, Being the Nobel on Friday night brought back days of nostalgia
  • AliAli
    Noticed a newspaper article re Simon Pegg and his family history on Saturday.

Turns out his real name is Simon John Beckingham and he was born in 1970, his Dad was representative selling musical instruments who had a passion for jazz
  • AliAli
    Saw Jo Moore of Labour Party, 9/11 email ("today might be a good day to bury bad news") fame walking down Stroud Green Road near John Jones last night.

Also apparently we have a Government Minster as well, namely Douglas Alexander, Transport and Scotland Secretary. He lives in Florence Road, maybe he will be against the Parkland Walk cycle super highway!
  • edited 3:14AM
    Or perhaps he's pro the Dog Poo Mud Bath Mugging Mayhem Super Parkland Walk hell hole - it's really not very constructive to distill these things down to silly names, is it Ali?
    Since when did we need to be constructive? I like it that you still added 'super' after Dog Poo Mugging Mayhem. Dog Poo Mugging Mayhem sounds like a badly translated Japanese computer game from the 80's
    We don't, it's purely an observation.
    Was nearly run over by Rick 'Minty from Eastenders' Peterson driving his silver Porsche Carrera up Mount Pleasant Creasant yesterday
    ok simon pegg in the noble........ i know this is nithing new but the dog he now owns is the cutest dog i have seen ......
    i actually started to talk to him about the dog, only a few months old and threw up all over the floor........ wish i had my camera to take a few pics of simon pegg cleaning up dog spew in his local.........
    What type of dog is it?
    Terrible! Sorry, I thought you asked how did it smell.
    It can't, it hasn't got a nose.
    Neil Morrissey and Nigel Harman from Eastenders were in a group having dinner at Florian's in Crouch End on Friday. Simon Pegg has also been seen getting a take-away from the excellent curry house (although I can't remember the name) opposite the Queens, also in Crouch End. And a bored looking Dermot Murnaghan being dragged around Woolies by his wife on a Saturday morning.
  • edited August 2007
    Johnny Borrell from Razorlight in The Big Fat Sofa (RIP) - complementing strangers on their hair.
    After an afternoon spent cheerfully mopping up dog-sick in The Noble, Simon Pegg likes nothing more than the short jaunt to Finsbury Park and popping a cap in some goose's ass.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  • AliAli
    Just heard that Simon Pegg is to be the new Scottie in the new Startrek film !
    Some friends came round to dinner last week, and saw Mr Pegg on Crouch Hill walking down towards The Noble.
  • IanIan
    Neil Morrissey in the Noble this evening. Behaving well.
    Good spot. Though I hardly ever see Pegg in the Noble anymore. Not to be an egomaniac about it, I worry that we scared him off.
  • IanIan
    Pegg been in a couple of times recently in the Noble - was in friday before last with his dog.
    My boyfriend has seen Dr Legg TWICE at the Albert Road (not Albert Square) bus stop.
    I forgot to mention this before ... but I was kissed in Woodies by Sheridan Smith (Two Pint of Lager fame) just before Christmas.

Even more random it was at 4:30am and I had just staggered in to grab a snack on my home after the office Christmas party.
    Top notch. Kissed by a celeb Anyone else better that? (though, as I've said, I think there are some more famous members of this forum)
  • edited March 2008
    Just now, while skimming through various threads on this very site I received a text message from an erstwhile contributor to this site saying she's <b>just</b> seen Mr MacAvoy outside the White Lion.

Grab your autograph books and your cameras!
    When I was just sixteen I snogged MC Storm (or someone pretending to be him) at a Happy Hardcore night on the outskirts of King’s Lynn. It was a beautiful moment.
    I think crossing the line into live stalking..... ...I don't know, it makes me uncomfortable. I'm afraid to say I don't who MC Storm is. Is he in a popular beat combo? Hang on, I'll myspace him.
  • edited March 2008
    aha - happy hardcore.

Is this the chap?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Oh my god! If he was outside the WLoM, he was, to all intents and purposes, OUTSIDE MY HOUSE!
    Was he on the bench opposite with a can of Special Brew?
  • LizLiz
    @ Tabbie - are you a refugee from Norfolk? I lived in King's Lynn for four years and the thought of it still makes me feel a bit strange. Mind you, nothing as exciting as snogging a happy hardcore DJ ever happened to me there...:)
    We often see the bloke from, now cast your minds back, waaaay back in time, to the Yellow Pages advert, that floppy haired bloke with a very messy flat, who is desperately trying to tidy it up in a hurry... we regularly see him plodding up SGR / Crouch Hill... Star spot or What??!