top celeb spot

Comments

• edited 3:47AM
    I've seen Jimi Mistry in the Dairy TWICE. I got his autograph - pretty cool, eh?
    I once briefly chatted to Tim Wheeler at the Dairy music quiz (prior to refurb).
    I just saw Jarvis Cocker, albeit in Borders at Angel.

I've met him before when he came to my museum. I was encouraged to go up to him and say hi, which I did. Not a good idea.
    My museum? Are you a Guggenheim?
    I realize this may sound like a ridiculous question, but is Stroud Green always scattered with celebrities? I admit I've only met one, Howie Day...don't know if he's well known in Britain. I made the brutal mistake of telling him I was a fan before anyone even knew who he was. I blame it on the nerves.

29 more days until I leave this god-forsaken land and head for London! PS.Please don't hate me for having such an idiot as president.
  • LizLiz
    edited 3:47AM
    It depends what you define as celebrities. From Glyn's list, I would say that only one of them is properly famous (Pegg). Him and McAvoy are SG A list. John Simm would be B list. The rest are much more low rent: two ex Eastenders, one newsreader, one reality-TV-show-contestant-from-ages-ago, one so-so TV presenter and someone out of an indie band. So, no need to feel concerned really. @ Glyn, this is not to diss your list, just to reassure krazykappa that he won't spend his whole time feeling nervous in the golden land of Stroud Green...
    Most of the "celebs" live in the northern (tube-less) part of Stroud Green called Crouch End. They occasionally come South for our better pubs, transport etc.

As Liz says, the celebs ( apart from a few ) aren't A list, unless you watched a lot of TV in the 80s.
    I'd say Simm was A list.
    I think we need to redefine our categories - I had to when I bumped into Lauren Bacall in Muji, Covent Garden. I think she is A list.
    namedropper
    If we're spreading beyond SG, Lauren Laverne was pushing baby in Muswell Hill last weekend.
  • edited April 2008
    "pushing baby" is that some new drug the kids are into?
    Does sound a bit Chris Morris, you're right. Back to the CAKE thread I reckon.
    Users of the substance commonly known as "baby" find it can ruin their lives. Whilst first-time users describe a euphoric high, the punitively expensive comedown can last up to twenty years.

Otherwise sensible people find their hopes, dreams and ambitions crushed by the never-ending demands of baby. Users lose their ability to make cogent conversation and often smell of sick.

Baby is also a gateway substance to other hard, life-altering afflictions like "suburbs", "crushing debt" and "Vauxhall Zafira"
    Very good Andy...

With reference to the previous comments, I enjoy the fact that someone could be intimidated by seeing Dr Legg on the W3 :)

The minor celebs are much more fun - speaking of which, I saw Gaz Top in Leicester Square once. Now that's a minor celebrity!
    Theres an X factor loser who hangs aroundthe Blackstock road somethimes, he was the one with a streaked mullett (hair not fish).
  • edited April 2008
    <i>Users of the substance commonly known as "baby" find it can ruin their lives.</i>

We're due to sample the "delights" of 'baby' for the first time this weekend. In light of andy's warning is it too late to change our minds?
  • edited April 2008
    Should never have been downgraded to a class C drug in my view. The Government gave out totally the wrong signals.
    Mmmm...Vauxhall Zafira....
    I find it leads to a nasty sherry habit around 4.30 in the afternoon.
  • edited April 2008
    @ Poxy - how exciting! You know its forecast to snow don't you. Hope you've dusted down the snowmobile to get to the Whittington.
    @katiejane - I have one of them, but at about 6.30.
    @Poxy - We should be having our second dose next week too, maybe we will see you at the Whittington. It is very addictive stuff. It is easier on your sanity if you mix it with other drugs like drink.
    @ Colette - oh no - I'm going to try and move mine to later!

Anyone else having babies this weekend?
  • LizLiz
    Katiejane, don't be ashamed. 4.30 is perfectly acceptable. My granny used to start on the Campari at about 3. Nothing wrong there.
    @geoff: I'll be sure to wear my I 'heart' N4 badge. Keep your eyes peeled.

(I look a lot like my avatar.)

@katiejane: Thanks for the weather warning. I've fitted runners and a harness to the pushchair. I'm hoping the cats will pull us there husky-style.
    Anytime after midday is fine really. The chappie who sups a can of Becks at 6.00am on the Vicky line and when he finishes that cracks another open at Green Park, in his hard ht and HiViz gear is not quite ideal.
    This is not me.
    @katiejane, the only reason mine isn't earlier is because I don't have a fridge by my desk in the office.
  • AliAli
    Simon Pegg and his dog are in the Nobel right now !