fishmonger

2»

Comments

• edited 7:28PM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks Misscara. I have never used FFF because of the ocassional very fishy smell outside. I'll give them a go.
    Went to Chez Liline (sister restaurant of FFF) on Saturday. Prawns in lemon butter, brill with asparagus and mushrooms. Divine.
    Ditto I've never been to Chez Lilline because of the occasional very fishy smell outside FFF. I'll give them a go too.
    Fully agreed. Barbecued some FFF fish last year, and will be doing so again this year. And the restaurant's taster menu is fantastic, even if they could work on the decor a bit.
  • IanIan
    edited 7:28PM
    I use FFF all the time and have never been disappointed. Currently have a fad for making a starter from their monkfish and regularly get my paella ingredients there. Nice people, nice fish and good seafood - every so often I build myself up to getting lobster or crab if they have live ones kicking about. We've only eaten at Chez Liline once. Food was nice, just lacked a little in atmosphere. No reason not to go again and I'm sure we will.
    FFF smells less since the huge guy who wore his mum's slippers. He was the stinker. The check out people in Tesco would freak when he came up to them, and make exaggerated choking gestures or dramatically cover their nose and mouth with thier sleeves.
    FFF and Chez Liline are to be treasured not viewed with suspicion
    [some comments here are laughable ' a fish shop that smells of fish'!] The family that own both businesses are incredibly hardworking and very gracious. When you buy fish they will give advice on how to cook it and they really know their stuff. The tropical selection of fish is what makes FFF unique and Purkiss and others plain by comparison.
    The service at Chez Liline takes a while because it is literally cooked to order so if you're in a rush go to Nando's or Miso. There used to be a kebab/chip shop on this site sounds like some in SG would prefer that.
    [although it might smell of kebabs and chips ]
  • IanIan
    edited 7:28PM
    @twinspark - I'd echo that. They are really helpful at giving tips on the fish.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I like it/them too. Especially since big smelly slipper man has left.
    French Fish is just the best fishmongers going! excellent service and beautiful fresh fish!
    cant be beaten. their restuarant is great too...yum!
    They've got in Tobiko (flying fish eggs) too! Happy Days!!