New Members (very exciting!)

Comments

• edited 6:31PM
    Hello Giles and Lucky.

Badges a good idea!

@four eyes - I do this. Just know that I'm going to be drunk in the Noble/Old Dairy one of these days and start accosting people I think look like members. i suppose the upside will be we may acquire new members. The downside will be I wake up the next morning crippled with embarrassment as well as having scared people off the site altogether.
    "start doing this" by my reckoning you were doing it Friday night. And if you take a pub into a laptop and find someone staring at you - that's Lucy too.
  • edited May 2007
    @Lucy it begs the question 'what does your average stroudgreen.org member look like?'

I have a good image in my head of the male stroudgreener, but the female user is harder for me to imagine...

Maybe this warrants a seperate discussion of its own? The new members thread is getting a bit big and cumbersome.
    Go for your life 4Is. "Four Eyes imagining what girls on the internet look like" - I can't imagine that's a thread that anyone has a view on....
  • edited May 2007
    will comment when sober in the morning...
    @four eyes - I like that both your recent posts are edited. Wonder what you said first?
    I was going to make a comment to Andy about girls on the internet not being my cup of tea but wasn't sure I got his sense of humour. I have a tendency to post in haste and then regret later coupled with a nagging sense of insecurity, hence my frequently edited posts. (I actually tried to delete but that doesn't seem to be possible)
    I first moved here 25 years ago this summer.
    During that time I spent seven years away in the US but always came back.
    It seems to me that many people from 1982 are still very much in evidence locally.
    I don't think much has changed locally in that period.
    It's odd how stubbornly this neighbourhood resists being altered.
    Been here 6 months. Victoria road. Love it. Don't own a dog but love them and wish I did have one. Have gone off the Sunshine Cafe after they gave my girlfriend and I green bacon. Hate the auto-checkouts at Tesco's. Love Cat's, Pappagone's and Jai Krishna. Am off to Spain on thurs to get away from this weather because it's boring. Yawn.
    Hello! Great list. You'll fit right in.
    Hi,

I have been in N4 for five years, but moved from Stroud Green to the other side of the railway in the Harringay Ladder. (There doesn't seem to be a similar website for that side of the postcode -- unless anyone knows one?) We like to come to Stroud Green for eating out. (Petek, Cats, Jai Krishna, Porchetta and that nice new Greek one near Tesco. What's it called again?)
    Symposium, and very good it is too. I've just added it to the Directory.
    I realise its not so exciting to have new members now there are so many - who knew Stroud Green even housed so many people (especially when most people don't think its a real place!)
    I live on Stapleton Hall Rd so perfectly positioned for all pubs and restaurants!
    By the way I don't have a dog, I have a cat and she doesn't like them.
  • LizLiz
    edited 6:31PM
    Oh no Ruth, it's still exciting. Welcome on behalf of the older SGers - Andy normally does this job but he's on holiday at the moment. I too have a cat (as do other SGers Petra and David) so don't let Plum's famousness put you off...
    I was thinking just today that my road, Shaftesbury Road, was the best situated road in SG. They must both be on some sort of lay line!
    Yeah I've check Shaftesbury Road and I have to stick with my word that Stapleton Hall is better. Just edges you out by being closer to Woodys and having the dairy on the corner. I wouldn't want to come in here and start a fight but I will take it outside!!!
    I give you Albert rd, strategically positioned right opposite Jai Krishna, and under a minute to Woody's and Porchetta.
    Do I live in Upper SG living in Granville? Or is it SG Heights?
    Ruth, I can't even consider Stapleton Hall Rd as I had a long drawn out battle with Haringey, Islington and eventually Thames water when my car was seriously damaged by a pothole from the burst water mains. Although the road says Borough of Islington it's managed by Haringey, who are even more incompetent.
    Actually the Haringey sign is at the Larrick end of the road so although I'm closer to SG Road than most I'm actually in a different borough. This does have its upsides though as the parking permits are about £80 cheaper a year and I can watch the millions of Islington traffic wardens walk across the end of the road and ignore us!
    I have to admit I do sometimes still tell people I live in Islington though!!
    Hi All

I've been lurking on this board for a few months without posting - so thought I should belatedly introduce myself...

I live on the non-Stroud Green side of Tollington Park :( In the St Mark's Mansions block. I moved a couple of years ago and have spent the intermediate time decorating painfully slowly.

I have no dogs but have recently acquired two kittens - who have successfully undone all of my decoration...

I am a bit confused about what user id is going to appear with this post. My name is James anyway. Am I the first James? This would be very exciting for me...
    bah! it would appear my userid isn't James
    we can make you James if you'd rather be James? Welcome James! There are a bunch of new members signed up over the last week or so, including kitty, lynne, sarah and possibly others I've forgotten.
    Andy - that would be awesome - thank you
    done. check me out, I managed to do that without breaking the entire site.
    Thank you!
    Hello all.

It's taken me ages to introduce myself so, belatedly, 'Hello'.

I live on actual Stroud Green Road 'proper', love Peteks, The Fullback, The Fish and Chip Shop, The Parkland Walk, Grumpy Jack's and Jai Krishna.

I am bereft of dog, but own two cats, play records at a club-thingy and once served General Pinochet in a bookshop.

I do not look like Simon Pegg.
    Hello Rory. Cat owners are out-numbering dog owners significantly now!
    One more cat here and another one coming in a month.
  • edited August 2007
    We occasionally let in a tabby that wanders the Trinder "L" and most of Shaftesbury Road. Very well behaved, thirsty and has great taste in antique chairs! We don't feed it as we know it must have a real owner.