New Members (very exciting!)

Comments

• edited 6:25PM
    Hi T.J! How do you find living in S.G?
    All good, cheers. Am now a regular in my local and have my various preferred routes for wherever I need to go, so I'm set. Moved from Ireland 18 months ago, lived in S. London for a year, now living with some friends from back home. Quite like it and will try and stay around for a while. Looking forward to seeing what summer is like in the area.
    Ah, sensibly moving to north london! Welcome! I haven't ventured south of the river for some time (and I don't count the NFT as being really south of the river)!
    I signed up before I moved. Have now become resident. Woody's is my closest shop and I love it!
    Are you actually living above Woody's? Was the highlight of my life when some of my mates moved in the house above it but they've since moved out... very sad.
    Which flat? _(are you impressed that I happen to have this picture?)_ ![woodys](http://www.stroudgreen.org/pics/woodys.jpg)
    Wow! one to the left of pic actually - techniquely above the little chinese shop. Moved out now tho
    MORE NEW MEMBERS!! katejane and thegoldenspike. Hello to all.
    hello all!
    hello lucy and everyone else
    I am round the back of Woodys not over it, sadly. A randomman on the bus last night told me that Mitchell and Webb's Peep Show has done lots of filming in Woodys.
    It's true. I saw them doing it. The opening credits of peep show are shot over the hill in Crocuh End.
    yes, it's (woody's) in mutiple episodes of peep show (defo series 2 and 3 most likely 1 as well)!!!! and the BBC comdey show 'Pulling' both great shows with the added bonus that the characters go to Woody's to argue!!
    oh and PS. It looks really nice round here in the summer. there is a shortage on pubs with beer gardens though.......a problem throughout London and a lot of cities anyway
    I used to love beer gardens, but feel they've been taken over by the pram brigade these days. The pram brigade take everything over eventually. I just hope Stroud Green doesn't end up like Stoke Newington, where you can't move for buggies.
    Hello All,

I'm new. I've lived in SGR for 18 months, but might be moving in the autumn. I live next door to Tesco and am wondering how I'm going to cope when it closes for 10 days soon!
    Why's tesco closing? Have I missed a thread?
    It's closing for refurbishment, from the 18th-26th March. Woody's might have to get some extra staff on standby...
    Good Beer Gardens are in very short supply round our way...
  • LizLiz
    edited 6:25PM
    Hello Mike. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you check out the other shops on SGR when Tesco closes. Woodys is pretty good, the shop by the Post Office has great fruit and veg and the italian cafe on the corner sells some nice 'ready meals' too. All round, no real reason to go to Tesco at all!
    Hallo chaps, I just signed up today. I've lived off Stroud Green Road for about 18 months now, and previously lived on Stroud Green Road, above Pappagone. It's such a loevly area. My current favourite places in the area are Petek and Red Rita (which would be perfect if kids weren't allowed in).
    Welcome Emma. The entire world would be perfect if kids weren't allowed in.
    Hi Emma,

Welcome.

David loves kids.
    i have noticed this trend on David's comments! At least dogs are exempt.
    Few more new members that I have been a bit slack in introducing. Phil - Hello. Looking at phil's email address, I would guess that he has a cool job and has been under quite a lot of pressure to hit a big deadline recently.
  • Hello, folks.

Great site, this. Like chatting over the garden fence but all digital. It's great living in the future, innit.
    And yet more - colledge and dan_a hello to them. i like the comment about living in the future. william gibson said that the future has already happened, it just isn't evenly distributed he was talking specifically about finsbury park.
    And we are only 2 registrations away from 50 members. Lawks
    Actually, hold on. That's 3 if you ignore the admin account.
    And another - welcome Benji. And in the words of every radio phone in ever (but especially 606): "Hello Benji, where are you from and what's your point?"