It's going to be LOUD.

Comments

• It was written that way for a while, but I don't think they were as rigid about it as 5ive (which makes even less sense).
  • 5ive were awesome
  • Intermittently, yes.
  • Am also a bit shocked with the extent of the fencing.  Thought it was a bit much, but after seeing the Shane Meadows documentary on the band, there's footage of people breaking down the gates at Heaton Park and overrunning security.  And they stormed the bars.  Can only imagine they don't want to take any chances.  The crowd probably won't be as rabid as that though. <br><br>Also, seems a bit harsh to call them sell-outs ADGS.  Not like they got well-paid the first time round, seems only fair that they earn something this time round?  It is their job after all. <br><br>They played 3 new 'old' songs in Paris last night that they'd not played live since the reunion, so anyone who's seen them already, there'll be at least a varied set-list. <br><br><br>
  • The chap has got himself a ticket for Friday so I don't have to be driven mad with speculation about the best place to listen I will be selling my wares at Barboot night market in Crouch End, so will be well away from the antics. Do come and say hello.
  • I have no idea where that market is, Annie, but may pop by to say hello. You're selling the Kindle cases?<br>
  • It's the first Friday of every month 7.30pm - 10.30pm. Many of the shops and cafes in Crouch End host vintage and craft stalls where designers & makers sell their wares. I'm at Haberdashery which has about six stalls, there are stalls in Little Paris, Rhoda, Painted Black and lots more. It's lovely and there's music too http://www.the-haberdashery.com/News.html I'll be selling my gadget covers and the other things I make. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Apparently the Fullback is the place to meet before the concert, the Ewok Village will be packed.
  • I saw a sign yesterday which said that the lower part of SGR would be closed on Fri & Sat from 10-11.30pm. Presumably residents & buses are allowed access? There was no phone number on the sign, but if anyone knows where I can get more info, I'd appreciate it!
  • <P>Walked along the parkland walk extension (is it still called that?) this morning and noiticed some watch towers have gone up. Good to know some stuff lives on from concentration camp planning. Noticed some blindspots though. </P> <P> </P> <P>Still not sure how people managed ot get into the tennis courts though as the entrance to them looks like its been blocked off by the giant green wall</P>
  • Ignore my previous - 'marshalls will be in place to facilitate residents' access to roads affected by the closures'. Hope they won't be the same marshalls from the Sainsbury's Green Lanes parking!
  • <P>There has been a leaflet put throuth letter boxes explaining the arrangemenst and giving a Community support line no if you have problems</P> <P> </P> <P>Very clear and tells you when sound checks  are takingplace and  at what  volume etc</P>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Re: sell-outs - I'm referring to the 'art' created by John Squire which consisted of him writing "<span style="font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 16.625px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"I have no desire whatsoever to desecrate the grave of seminal Manchester pop group The Stone Roses". Clearly the second panel "...until the money is right", went missing in transit. And then there was all the outrage one of the other two sputtered out when the reunion rumours first started, after his mum's funeral. He was "</span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">disgusted that my personal grief has been invaded and hijacked by these nonsensical stories" - but, again, seems like waving enough cash was enough to overcome that righteous disgust. </span>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have ummed and ahhed about posting on this topic but as Miss Annie will confirm I am obsessed with the Stone Roses. I can't wait for the concert I am like a child a few days before Christmas.
  • Did I mention that the first Stone Roses album was the first record I ever bought?
  • @ ADGS.  Totally agree with you about Ian 'wife beater' Brown and his crew.  I hate Madchester despite a few good tunes.  It's all about the macho swagger and bullshit. The Stone Roses album(s) were nothing on Exile on Main Street.  Menswear and their fay swagger were far better.
  • @Mirandola - how young you must be. (These things are all relative.)<div><br></div><div>@kreuzkav: the last line is splendid (fay swagger!) but also completely incomprehensible. Menswear? Obviously doesn't mean what I think.</div><div><br></div><div>Oh well, I had drifted across to a serious radio 3 habit by the time I was in my mid 20s, so I gave up long ago ...<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • @ Kate, I envy your comfortable life and Radio 3.  Like cycling which is dangerous I 'm addicted to something a bit more challenging when it comes to culture.  The horror!
  • I see a lot of people are going and I wish you guys lots of fun. <br><br>Detritus: only two more sleeps and they're here. :-)<br>
  • @kreuzkav: two disconcerting and questionable assumptions there, that classical music is intrinsically safe and unchallenging, and that those who listen to it lead comfortable lives! Hmm. 
  • I listen to classical music and my life is by no means comfortable. <br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana">@ Kate.  Yes, maybe made false assumptions on this line:</font><div><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><i>Oh well, I had drifted across to a serious radio 3 habit by the time I was in my mid 20s, so I gave up long ago ...</i></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">I agree classical music can be challenging. And Radio 3 is a lot more challenging than Radio 1.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-style: normal;"><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-style: normal;"><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-style: normal;"><br></div></div>
  • Radio 1 is pretty challenging. Try listening to it for more than 10 minutes. I simply cannot bear it.
  • My music goes from classical to serious heavy thrash. I don't understand rap. But each to their own I guess.
  • @Mirandola: My first record was 'Turtle Power' by Partners in Kryme in 1990.  I was eight.  It was on vinyl.  It sometimes occurs to me that perhaps that's quite late for a vinyl single.<br>
  • Arkady is 31 years old?! I now feel really old. I'm off to brush-up my grumpy old man skills.
  • At 35 I thought I was one of the youngest on here. Now I'm not so sure
  • You are as young as you feel<br>
  • I never did grow up :)