It's going to be LOUD.

1234568»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I (like Her Majesty) NEVER go for a pee in public places. I just wait.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I can, and do, wait all day if necessary. Years of training where it's just to much faff or just to long a trek to bother. If there is no guarantee of a clean seat and a ready supply of paper I just won't go.
  • No cork required, tis all in the mind.
  • Annie, you can't be claiming to be able to drink continually without ever actually being physically compelled to urinate?  How much, exactly, can you put away before you have to break the seal?<br><br>A friend of mine managed seven pints once, but he's never been the same since.<br>
  • Miss Annie. The queen doesn't go to the lavatory. The lavatory comes to her. Boom boom. Spiggy Topes; Private Eye; circa 1970.
  • Like Annie's, my bladder goes into lockdown if there is no suitable facility (or if I'm too busy to make the time). A trip to China in 1997 was excellent supplementary training; public loos there can be quite unbelievably foul, causing the urge to pee to vanish entirely! I also don't drink anything if facilities are an issue. Some band or other - can't remember which, but it was quite recent - warned gig goers via Twitter not to drink too much because the venue's loo provision was so minimal - sensible advice, I thought. A friend of mine went to SR with his pregnant wife - poor woman, I don't know how she coped and I didn't ask!
  • edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You seem to know an unhealthy amount about it tho..,Maybe you work in sanitation? The point is women are not made for this rough environment ( well most) and the gig promoter should provide more piss pots for Misscara and her like. It can't be confided to a fins park problem? Chang
  • Back to Park issues... The Friends of Finsbury Park are now on Twitter @FinsParkFriends and Facebook. They want to hear what we think about the park and what we want from it. They have legal status so the Council have to talk to them before making changes. They have a couple of new members (one of whom is one of our WI members) who are keen to be more proactive, and would love to hear from you.
  • I do the park run and yoga on sat morning in the park. More recently yoga has been cancelled due to bad weather and the lack of indoor facilities in the park. It would be good if the yoga could be rehoused until it warms up again. There is nothing better than to do downward dog in the sunshine under the tres in Fins park. 
  • You can also e-mail with suggestions and comments: thefriendsoffinsburypark@gmail.com.
  • They'd definitely welcome your suggestion @sutent, have the yoga people approached the relevant people about a new home for yoga?
  • I need to check in with Hana and Aya anyway, but I know the whole concept of the classes is about them taking place in the park; I wonder if any of the other parks around here have better (dry) facilities? http://www.mindfulmovements.co.uk/classes-in-the-park.html
  • Loosen up. Get your old bones shaking to the drum beat. Remember the spirit of old Chapter one and the conga line u led to the Danzi bar , as it was then? Sadly the attack by drug dealers took the fun out of the evening at that point. The park is for everyone remember ... Chang
  • The Friends are keen on hearing all your suggestions. You might have seen their stall at the Hidden River Festival in the Park, they had a suggestions sheet there. Email, tweet or Facebook your thoughts and ideas to them.