It's going to be LOUD.

Comments

• My first vinyl record was David Bowie's Changes back in the 80s. <br><br>I do have a love for shellack records and gramophones, though. I'd love to have one with a huge horn and dance Charleston. Not that I really know how to do it.  <br>
  • @Poxy - not until October damnit!<br>
  • How old did you think I was, anyway?  Do I come across as a decrepit miser?<br>
  • The first I got was Meat is Murder - The Smiths
  • Don't make it any worse than it already is.
  • My first album was by 5 Star.
  • My first single: Bucks Fizz, 'Making Your Mind Up'. Can anyone lend me a Zimmer frame?
  • Following krs' formula I'm anything between 85 and 100 most of the time, nothing younger.
  • First single: London Calling by The Clash. I win.
  • <P>Ahem. All I Want is You by Roxy Music and Moonshake by Can (advised by brother).</P>
  • My cats appear to be music critics... as soon as today's sound checks began, the 2 who were outside bolted back into the house - and one of them is stone (no pun intended) deaf!
  • <p><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">I don't know how to say this.  I once listened to the Stone Roses.  I didn't like them. Can I be excused please?<br></font></p><p><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">*Creeps away into corner*</font></p>
  • Vetski they will be saving themselves for the concert tomorrow
  • @Detritus, I think they'll all be under the beds tomorrow! I should have sold tickets to my garden.<div><br></div><div>@Krappyrubsnif, no need to whisper, not least because no-one will be able to hear you over the din! You are not alone.<br><div><br></div><div>Have been enjoying the sound check music - if only the next couple of nights were Grandmaster Flash, Michael Jackson & Chaka Khan!</div></div>
  • Grandmaster Flash? I'd love that. Just heard MJ and wondered if it was the sound check. <br>
  • <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Template>Normal</o:Template> <o:Revision>0</o:Revision> <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime> <o:Pages>1</o:Pages> <o:Words>25</o:Words> <o:Characters>146</o:Characters> <o:Lines>1</o:Lines> <o:Paragraphs>1</o:Paragraphs> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>179</o:CharactersWithSpaces> <o:Version>11.768</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotShowRevisions/> <w:DoNotPrintRevisions/> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:UseMarginsForDrawingGridOrigin/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <!--StartFragment--> <p class="MsoNormal">I’ve still got Roxy Music’s Country Life and London Calling as vinyl LPs,<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> b</span>ut had a disco thing going as well.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </span>First single: - Eruption, ‘I Can’t Stand the Rain’.</p> <!--EndFragment-->
  • edited June 2013
    <P>First single 'I Lost My Heart to A Starship Trooper'. I still love it, it has some of my favourite disco sounds in it. First album Parallel Lines.</P>
  • I've been gritting my teeth somewhat, recently. I am obviously the only person in the forum to dislike this sort of music. But, to my relief, from here in Moray Road, the noise is bearable. But now I've got another worry. Tomorrow at about 11.00pm I shall be emerging from the tunnel. Will I be swept away by hordes of people surging into the tube?
  • That's a very good possibility. <br>
  • At that time, I would seriously consider jumping off the tube a station early and walking (or busing) the rest of the way.
  • Volume in Wray Crescent just right. Jolly glad I'm not any closer (let alone in the park!).  <div><br></div><div>Yes different station sounds like better plan.</div>
  • I'll go to listen to it (uncool) from the outside. Is the park accessible from Oxford Rd.?<br><br>Vetski? <br>
  • Listening from my roof terrace in a nearby road and thoroughly enjoying it. No queues for the bar or the loo, great songs and if Mr. Brown gets too out of tune I can just go inside!
  • I can very clearly hear proceedings over in Charteris Road - which is about 2 o'clock when looking at the stage. I've never heard a single pip of any other gig in the park. Ever.   <div><br></div><div>Somehow the Stone Roses have managed to overcome the crazy off-site noise restrictions that have plagued previous gigs.  At the RATM show a few years ago, it was difficult to hear even in the arena, let alone outside. I do wonder whether the Haringey have bowed to commercial pressure on this one?  The park management plan pretty much sums up the council's intention of paying for as much of the park's upkeep from events as possible.    I don't doubt there will be a lot of whinging locals.   I, for one, however, am pleased to see this kind of event happening. <div><br></div></div>
  • Sounds good from up here on Hanley Road. Have a bit of a sense that this must be a bit like what it was like being in the next room to me at university (with added crowd noise).
  • Oh God - re tube tomorrow. Thank you all for your advice. I'll be coming from Holborn. I wonder what I should do. Come to Arsenal and then walk? Ooer.. Or Manor House? Or just brave the crowds? Doesn't the thing finish at 11? Perhaps I could nip through beforehand. OSFB!
  • edited June 2013
    I must admit I quite like the sound from here, too. So will go and sit in the park tomorrow for sure. Nice weather, park and music, what's not to love?<br><br>ETA: 'here' is Tollington Park.<br>
  • Why did that pesky helicopter have to come along to spoil the last few songs?
  • @checkski<;div>I received the following message from TfL, you might find it useful:</div><div>"<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">I am writing to let you know that on the evenings of Friday 7 and Saturday 8 June there will be an impact on travel in the Finsbury Park area as a result of concerts in the park.</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;"> </span></div><br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Manor House Tube station will be exit only from 22:00. Concert goers are advised to use Finsbury Park Tube station where a managed queuing system will be in place. Local residents may find it easier to start their journey at Turnpike Lane or Seven Sisters Tube stations. </span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Buses will be diverted or stop short between 21:45 and 23:30 each evening. The following routes will be affected: 4, 19, 29, 106, 153, 210, 236, 253, 254, 259, N19, N253, N279, W3 and W7. </span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Roads in and around the area including Seven Sisters Road will be closed. Road users are advised to avoid the area."</span>
  • Thanks, Gem. I know: perhaps get 91 from Kingsway to Tollington Park, then walk? Yay - cracked it! (I hope).