Today I'm happy about ...

Comments

• Stella, a few years ago aged 40  I dated a 25 year old woman. Didn't last long due to her going back to Spain and long distance being a problem.  She said she preferred me to  younger guys. In fact she was quite obsessed which I found a bit scary.  She could have been bullshitting, but I don't think so.
  • edited January 2014
    It's not uncommon that men date younger women, but women dating younger (much younger) guys are considered cougars, which I find ridiculous. Double standards, anyone? <br>One is as old as one feels and everyone likes different things. I don't like to categorise people. If a 40-year-old gets on with a 25-year-old, that's fine and nobody else's business. Same the other way round. <br><br>ETA: And I know of a girl, who's 22 or so now, and she exclusively likes older guys. When we worked together she was 19 and dated a 45-year-old. <br>
  • Stella, I agree.  But as a man who likes women should I just like women my age, race...and I have nothing against women who date younger men.  And to be honest after the 25 year old, I want to form a long term relationship with a woman my age as it's nice to chat about older cultural references......
  • I think everyone should date who they like. Love is a curious thing, it hits you smack bang in the face when you don't expect it and often with a person you didn't even dream of falling in love with. Who are we to judge? If a couple's happy, then let them be. :-) <br>If you know that someone your age is better for you, that's fine, too. <br>
  • You fall for who fall for. There is no logic sometimes behind it
  • edited January 2014
    Yes Stella, I was beginning to think you were one of those people who had never dated but had a big downer on mixed relationships.   Men and women date people from different ages, races, change their gender likes.  It's part of the song and dance of life.  When I was 19 I dated a 25 year old woman.  When i was 40 a 25 year old woman.  I think now I'd like to date a woman my age.  Maybe next year a young or older man.  As long as they are not under-age. Who cares?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Eh? What gave you that impression?<br><br>
  • @ Misscara, I agree.  Only dated one woman with a big age difference (15 years) and while I don't regret it, never again.  I think men (not talking about women here) should grow up and date women around their age when they reach 40.  
  • edited January 2014
    And women should also grow up and only date men in their forties? <br><br>I had a friend who you'd not think he's in his 40s. Wore his cap backwards, cycled, skateboarded and damn he had a body most guys in their 20s could only dream of. He was just young at heart and a cheeky man. But still very responsible and all that. It suited him.<br>
  • @ Stella.  If a man or woman wants to date a much younger person, providing they are not underage it's up to them.  From personal experience never again. It's a bit sad. How did we get on to this.  It's not really Stroud Green based.
  • I still want to know how you got to the conclusion that I've never dated. <br>
  • edited January 2014
    @ Stella.  I said I was beginning to think....You seemed a bit naive and going on about cougars when no one said women shouldn't date younger men.<div><br></div><div>''  <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12.727272033691406px; line-height: 20.795454025268555px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">It's not uncommon that men date younger women, but women dating younger (much younger) guys are considered cougars, which I find ridiculous. Double standards, anyone? ''</span><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • edited January 2014
    LOL Oh man. You got the wrong end of the stick. Never mind. <br><br><br>
  • And after reading it a second time, it still doesn't occur to you that I'm reflecting society's view on things?
  • @ stella.  No problem.  It's just a discussion. To quote Womack and Womack.  'We don't need these Love Wars'.<div><br></div><div><a href="">
  • edited January 2014
    Yes, it's just a discussion, but it would help if everyone involved actually <i>read </i>the posts. :-)<br><br><br>
  • edited January 2014
    Stella, I just felt the quote was a bit naive and had nothing to do with real dating emotions.  The other people in the discussion spoke of dating experiences.  Not some fairly bad quote about cougars.  I would never in a million years call a woman a cougar or quote something like that.  It's against women, and men too.<div><br></div><div>And if you want to say it's a quote you need to use quotation marks or refer to the article.  </div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • I rest my case.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana">oh yeah.. hadn't realised my profile name was gender ambiguous Sutent. Am female. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">Totally agree Cougar is a horrible and disparaging word. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">Kreuzkav, refreshing to hear a guy say that  "<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 20.796875px; font-size: 10pt;">men (not talking about women here) should grow up and date women around their age when they reach 40".  </span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.796875px;">Not as a fixed rule obvsly.</span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.796875px;"><br></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.796875px;">grrr.. i feel a rant coming on.. lovely sunny day tho.</span></div>
  • Thing is, if a man is still interested in having children at 40, they are unlikely to date a woman of the same age. If they have raised a family and are ready to have a life of their own again age isn't a factor. Women have less options in that regard.
  • edited January 2014
    Im happy it  is a lovely day, enough to put a spring in my step, but dont know if its enough spring to go shopping then to the pub with a friend. Feel awful as have had to put her off twice before.<div><br></div><div>One thing getting older has taught me, it is really important to keep contact with friends and invest time in them , sad and unwise  when people focus on a partner drop friends to do it..  Will dig out my ol bike  to get to the pup, though pubs and bike is not a good combo i guess :o</div>
  • edited January 2014
    Absolutely agree Toddlesocks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm happy that it's the weekend and I won't have to do any more 12-hour days. For the next three weeks, anyway.<br>
  • Today I'm happy that I don't go to leeds games any more. And the reason why is we are shit.
  • Agree stunning morning. Park run wonderful this am as well as yoga. Squeezed in a quick pap pizza and discovered new coffee shop which I will tell you about. Time to raid fruit and veg shops of green lanes then lots of work for me.
  • Just listening to the Cure this morning. My favorite ever band. I am soo glad I got see Robert Smith play twice in my life. <div><br></div><div>I also love Joy Division. I have seen New Order a few times but missed Ian Curtis. </div><div><br></div><div>And what a hottie Debbie Harry is from Blondie!</div>
  • I have always wanted to go out with a girl call Elise so I could write her a letter<div><br></div>
  • Do I get a say in who I'm dating or not? Just wondering. Lovely, sunny day. I'll be out for a walk.<br><br>What made me happy just now? Listening to this: