Today I'm happy about ...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Miscara why don't you go to green park station or do you like the walk in the park?
  • the Moray arms mystery solved. It used to be on Durham rd next to the little shop. Now a block of flats<div><br></div><div><a href="http://www.geolocation.ws/v/W/File:Moray Arms, Finsbury Park, N7 (7439150764).jpg/-/en">http://www.geolocation.ws/v/W/File:Moray Arms, Finsbury Park, N7 (7439150764).jpg/-/en</a></div>
  • edited January 2014
    Happy to  see all are trying to get some much needed sun. <div><br></div><div>We  are only just appreciating how important that is. Mr Toddlesocks must have been a vampire in a previous life, hates the sun  and light, keeps out it to much , just been diagnosed with vit D deficiency. Reading up , it  is actually quite hard to get vit D through diet. Really just  oily fish , and sun light being most beneficial ( hes on supliment now). Try to get at least 20 min sunlight 3 times a week  seems a must!. </div>
  • That is very interesting Toddlesocks. Adult onset osteomalacia is very uncommon in the UK because most people go out to work, shopping etc  and therefore see  some sunlight. it is common in in older <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Asian women who moved to the UK who generally stay at home and it is common in areas like whitechapel, southall Wembly etc. The other reason Asian women get it is because they eat chappatis which contains phytic acid and prevents vit D absorption from the gut.</span>
  • edited January 2014
      I think hes had it for a while, keeps falling asleep everywhere white as a sheet. Just got test results back on wed, they are doing more tests, but put him on vit d supplements 3 times a week for now. Needless to say is asleep so missed todays sun . Will need to drag him to sit in sun at some SG cafes in summer :)
  • I am trying to think why he would be pale. I guess a low vitamin D can lead to a low calcium in the body and could make you pale. Have they checked his kidney function. The kidneys are needed to activate vitamin D in the body as well release the hormone erythropoetin (epo) which is needed for red blood cell production and could cause you be anaemic and pale. It would be interesting to know what they come up with. I hope you don;t mind. Best of luck with it and let me know if you need any help. 
  • edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks Sutent, you may be on to something with the kidneys, he had kidney probs before. Just glad he has finally gone to doc, will let you know outcome.<div><br></div><div>I will be very happy  if I manage to dodge rain drops and get to shops.</div>
  • I'm very happy that I did lace a wheel correctly. Took me a few attempts. Looks like talking and lacing doesn't go well together. *shakes head*<br>
  • edited March 2014
    I saw two sewing machines in the second hand shop in Green lanes yesterday, may make someone happy. Supposed to have all the bits, £45 each
  • Sounds like a good deal. I have one, but never use it, although I really want to. I think I know what I want to do first. Something simple as I'm not as good at all that crafting as I am with 'real' tools. haha<br><br>I'm happy about going to meet up with my mate to see the container yard and introduce him to the guy who looks after it. We'll hopefully get an update as to when the builders will leave.<br>
  • edited March 2014
  • Cheers, Misscara. I guess I will think about that all once I've found a new place that I can make a home. I've used a sewing machine before, but definitely need a refresher. I'm thinking along the lines of 'bag' or 'skirt' for the summer. Just something nice and easy. Then again, I'll be proper busy and won't have much time to do anything.<br>
  • edited March 2014
  • A dress would be great! I'm also in the process of losing weight, so next summer, I'll be looking forward to a red dress clinging to my body. For a special occasion, of course. The days of dressing up on a daily basis are over. <br>
  • @Misscara- yes it was the ones in RMVF, <div><br></div><div>I was tempted as well. do prefer the old ones, if they had been manual i would have got one.</div>
  • No. When cycling I prefer trousers, unless I'm on my mamachari as it's sit-up-and-beg. I'll go to Camden in a bit. Feel the need to go out and enjoy the sun.<br>
  • edited March 2014
    It would be quite fun, though. Maybe I'll do it just for a laugh. Red dress, red high heels, on a red racing bike, blonde mane fluttering in the wind ... Oh, and massive sunglasses, of course.<br><br>Will look like a complete muppet, but hey.<br>
  • Stella you are creatin a vision most vets I know would cross london to see! Chang
  • Chang, you little charmer!<br><br>Misscara: hahaha. You're the busty one ... but only on special days.<br>
  • @Stella, Detritus has been pestering me to make him a Chewbacca costume to cycle about in - would scare the bejaysus out of passers by!
  • I'm happy there hasn't been much rain in the last few days, the sun is shining and it feels like spring is in the air. 
  • @Misscara, yeah. I still think it was one of the best typos ever made on here.<br><br>Kreuzkav: totally agree. Went for a few rides and my winter white has turned into healthy face colour.<br>
  • Oh, and I'm happy about a parcel I got today: bike parts for my Viscount Indy (kindly donated from someone who stumbled over my blog), which I'll convert into a ... listen up, people: fixie! Yes, a fixie. It's a rust bucket of a frame and I need to build new wheels for the bike anyway as the originals were chrome. I've never converted a bike to a fixie/single speed and I see it as a training bike. Plus it'll be one I can get through London and leave for hours/over night without having to worry it being nicked. The bits that came with the bike are rusty, too, so now I'll have some shiny old stuff to go with it.<br>